Publisher Slitherine’s latest title, HISTORY™ Great Battles Medieval is now due out at the end of September 2010 on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. HISTORY™ is the leading cable television network offering award-winning non-fiction series and specials that invite viewers to experience the excitement and relevance of history– How, Why, What If…?.
This strategy RPG is the most detailed and realistic medieval combat model ever created. In these epic encounters players must lead armies through the greatest of medieval wars and make history live again. Famous figures like The Black Prince, Joan of Arc and Henry V all take their turn in this epic conflict deploying new weapons and battle tactics that finally left England as an island nation.
With all the knowledge and backing from HISTORY™, this strategy RPG is the most detailed and realistic medieval combat model ever created, claim Slitherine. Each man must stand tall. Each man’s mettle will be tested. But amongst all men there are leaders, there are those who will not be cowed. Can you be that leader? In these epic encounters players must lead armies through the greatest of medieval wars and make history live again. Famous figures like The Black Prince, Joan of Arc and Henry V all take their turn in fighting for nationalism deploying new weapons and battle tactics that finally left England as an island nation.
HISTORY™ Great Battles of the Middle Ages visual style is gritty and realistic. Battles can include hundreds or thousands of individuals. Each of these characters is crafted to accurately reflect the arms and armour of the time. All in game animations are motion captured using professional stunt actors. There are multiple variations for each animation to avoid soldiers looking like clones. And infantry, cavalry and archer units will raise or thrust their weapons in the air and shout a battle cry as they are rushing into battle. Whilst waiting units will taunt the enemy by banging on their shields, thrusting swords in the air and other animations. Of course, victorious units will cheer and raise weapons after routing or destroying enemy units.
HISTORY™ Great Battles Medieval is based on the historical events of the Hundred Years War, the most infamous conflict of medieval times fought between France and England that shaped the future of both for centuries to follow. It features Slitherine’s cutting edge graphic engine and a brand new game play system that allows players to be in complete control of massive armies.
From the thunderous charge of the knights to the men-at-arms fighting for their lives in hand-to-hand combat, the game will recreate the epic feel of medieval battles, featuring thousands of characters simultaneously. It’s not gory, but there is just enough battle violence for a 16 rating.
· 3 gameplay modes: In Campaign mode experience history through the eyes of the military commanders of the day; in Skirmish mode there are 3 or 5 map short territory battles including practice Sandbox and in Multiplayer join a game or host your own in 2 player head to head.
· Customization: choose your army squad’s troop deployment, armour, weapon, shield, attack skills, general skills and defensive skills.
· Modding and scripting on the PC version: create new campaigns, new scenarios, new maps and even edit unit data. Completely new scripts can be created. Edited and added to
The player is continually rewarded as they progress through the game with money, unlocked equipment, units, and experience points. All of these allow the player to customise their army. This kind of customization has never been possible on such a large scale before and is really unique to the game. Many missions have main objectives and sub-objectives. There are Trophies and Achievements to acquire throughout the game in offline and online play.
· As the English you will fight under the Black Prince, Henry V and other heroic characters from history, and as the French you fight for Joan of Arc and the King.
· 70 Medieval battles, including 26 historical encounters from the Hundred Years war, 1337-1453.
· Command more than 20 different squad units all accurately researched and carefully modelled in amazing detail.
· Customise your squads of archers, cavalry, knights, etc with over 100 unique fighting, combat and weapon skills.
· Free form quest maps that allow players to decide when and where to fight within an historical framework.
· Innovative Battle Card system that gives bonuses and penalties in battle.
· Multiplayer: join a game or host your own in 2 player head to head.
· Extensive added historical documentary clips from the library of HISTORY™ TV channel.
HISTORY™ Great Battles Medieval is the second title in the highly successful Great Battles series, which saw its first appearance with the release of HISTORY™ Great Battles of Rome, and will be released in store in September 2010, distributed by PQube.
For previews, screenshots, code, trailers, promotions and media enquiries please contact Rob Noble: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +44 (0)7802 848166
About PQube Ltd
PQube provides a complete range of services for PR, marketing and games publishing. With an established team of industry professionals based in the UK and Germany, PQube Ltd publishes and distributes a range of its own and third party products across all games platforms and price points. www.pqube.co.uk
Slitherine is a privately funded and independent UK developer and publisher. Slitherine is dedicated to bringing highly playable and approachable strategy games to the mass market with a specific dedication to history of all ages. Slitherine Software is uniquely placed to deliver due to its experience within the industry and also the wider gaming community. Internet site - www.slitherine.com
About History™ and History HD™
HISTORY™ and HISTORY HD™ are the leading destinations for revealing, award-winning, original non-fiction series and event-driven specials that connect history with viewers in an informative, immersive and entertaining manner across multiple platforms. Programming covers a diverse variety of historical genres ranging from military history to contemporary history, technology to natural history, as well as science, archaeology and pop culture.
Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox Live, the Xbox logos and the Xbox Live logos are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
PlayStation and PS3 are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment. All Rights Reserved.
All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.