Developed by Fuzzy Bug Interactive
After over 25 million plays in coin-op form, the addictive word game, Word Soup, comes to iOS, Android and Blackberry this month.
How do you play?
A strategic word creation game - clear the grid of scrambled letters by finding the longest words you can. Blocks disappear and fall down as you create words. Tactical play and clearing the grid will earn you big points and see you crowned king of the Soupers.
About Word Soup
Originally launched in 2003, Word Soup started life as a coin-op game in pubs and bars across the UK. It quickly became one of the most popular games, eventually installed in 30,000 pubs and boasting over 25 million plays.
After launching on PC in 2004, the game was then selected by Microsoft in 2009 as a launch title for their Xbox 360 Indie Games initiative. It went on to seize the top spot in the launch week.
Now on Mobile and Tablet
Updated and optimised for mobile and tablet, Word Soup is tuned and ready for a new audience. Now you can take this addictive word game with you anywhere you go.
· Play using tilt! – Slide the tiles across the board to unlock new word making opportunities.
· Extra depth! - Three playing modes: Relaxed – Grab a cuppa and have some fun! / Timed – Be quick! You’re on the clock / Brain Game – Longer words will keep your grid filled.
· Master the game! - Use tactical play to maximise your score - gain bonus points for using difficult letters, creating long words and clearing the grid.
· Rule the world! - Check your progress with global high score tables.
· Show off! - Brag to your friends on Facebook about how clever and amazing you are!
“Smartphones, tablets and Word Soup are a match made in heaven.
Whether you’re a fan of the original coin-op game or new to Word Soup, we guarantee you’re going to love it.” Scott Newby, Fuzzy Bug Interactive
About Fuzzy Bug
Fuzzy Bug Interactive is a small and fiercely independent game development studio based in Birmingham, England. Formed in 2003, they have topped the charts with games across various platforms, including Word Soup on Xbox 360 Indie Games and Haunting Mysteries: The Island of Lost Souls on PC.