The Tempest is a hulking, four-armed alien, with no problem plowing through hordes of enemies in Omega Five, thanks to his thick skin.
· Weapon Type A: Volcanic Fire– The Tempest’s initial weapon is a scorching stream of fire. The weapon’s alternate attack allows The Tempest to attack enemies around corners, as it locks onto a target while the fire curves to roast enemies.
· Weapon Type B: Corrosive Acid– The Tempest’s second weapon is a highly corrosive blast of acid. Like the fire, the main attack comes out in a stream of liquid death, but the acid’s alternate attack shoots the acid in a wide angle, allowing The Tempest to destroy enemies in a wide area with limited range.
· Weapon Type C: Molten Metal– The third main weapon for The Tempest is a blast of molten metal. While the other two weapons are streams, the metal comes out in boiling bursts. For this weapon’s alternate attack, The Tempest shoots four bursts at once, which home in nearby enemies.
· Reflector Barrier– When an enemy shot gets close to The Tempest, it slows down, and The Tempest is able to reflect it back at enemies (by flicking the right analog stick), using their own fire against them!
· Temporal Dodge– All characters can quickly teleport to another dimension for a brief time, allowing them to avoid enemy attacks, though at the expense of a small amount of life.
Ultimate Burst– All characters can unleash an enormously destructive nuke-like attack, after having collected at least 100 p-chips (the pink triangles that appear after defeating enemies) to fill one p-jail (the golden triangles at the bottom left of the screen).
Title: Omega Five
Publisher: Hudson Entertainment
Format: Digital download for Xbox LIVE® Arcade
ESRB Rating: E10+ (Fantasy Violence, Mild Suggestive Themes)
Availability: November 2007
Release Territories: Worldwide
About Omega Five: Omega Five is an all-new, original IP for Xbox LIVE® Arcade, with production values that rival those of a retail product. It is the continuation Hudson’s three-part commitment to bringing premier content to download services for consoles: classic IP, original IP, and licensed IP.
The gameplay follows the tradition of past side-scrolling shooters: as the screen scrolls from right to left, you move your character in two dimensions, either shooting or dodging enemies and their attacks. As you proceed, you can collect both weapon upgrades for your normal attacks and“chips” to power-up your special attacks.
Information: About Hudson Entertainment, Inc. Hudson Entertainment is the North American publishing arm of Hudson Soft, an international provider of games and entertainment content founded in 1973. Hudson introduced best-selling classic videogame franchises including Bomberman, Bonk, and Super Adventure Island. Since 2000, Hudson’s mobile division has been a leading supplier of games and personalized content. Through their partnership with The Source and Death Row Records, Hudson is a leading provider of hip-hop ring tones and mobile content. For more information on Hudson Entertainment, please visit www.hudsonent.com.
# # #
The information contained in this fact sheet relates to a pre-release product that may be substantially modified before its first commercial release. Accordingly, the information may not accurately describe or reflect the product when it is first commercially released. This fact sheet is provided for informational purposes only, and Hudson makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to the fact sheet or the information contained in it.
Hudson Entertainment, Hudson Soft, and their respective logos are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Hudson Soft. Natsume is a registered trademark of Natsume, Inc.. Microsoft, Xbox 360, Xbox Live, and Xbox Live Arcade are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corp. in the United States and/or other countries.
For more information, press only:
Clever Communications/ for Hudson Entertainment