The Netherlands – May 10th, 2013 – Barry Kostjens (beJoy) & Ricardo de Zoete (RZDESIGN) just announced that their second game coming to iOS, called Hyper Breaker Turbo, a new breaker game on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch will release on May 23 rd 2013 for $1,99.
Hyper Breaker Turbo is not just some ordinary breaker game based on a well known classic from the old days, but it’s actually a completely new action puzzle game like you’ve never seen before. Imagine a breaker game with actual multiple screen level design, ‘free’ paddle control which gives very precise control over the ball, realistic physics and more!
Besides the classic theme that’s filled with 25 action & arcade packed puzzle levels you also get another 25 levels with a special neon world theme and 25 levels with a scribbly doodle theme! That’s 75 levels in total! Try to get the best score globally and also join the world in getting some global achievements, since Hyper Breaker Turbo also has a Worldwide Blocks Breaked counter that will live update with every block that gets broken globally!
Barry: ”After the release of Push Panic ( http://www.pushpanic.com) I wanted to work on a new game. Some time passed while brainstorming for a new game concept. I always loved block breaker games, but most of them where a bit ‘slow’ paced. I wanted something fresh with more action and more control over the paddle, something that really fits a touch device. After a lot of experimentation we settled with what we now call ‘Hyper Breaker Turbo’. It has been in development for over two years now. That’s a long period, but this is only a part-time project. While Hyper Breaker Turbo was in development, me and my wife got a beautiful daughter called ‘Joy Lois’. Many weeks I only got one or two hours to work on this project, but finally we’re good to go.”
Ricardo: ”Hyper Breaker Turbo is my second game with Barry Kostjens. Our first project, Push Panic! was also my first game ever and I’ve made this one with Barry as well. It was a great collaboration project and the game did surprisingly well! So we’ve awanted to another game together and you can see the experience we developed while creating Push Panic! in Hyper Breaker Turbo! It’s even more polished, looks better, plays even better and it’s a completely new take on the classic breaker games. You’re gonna love it! Even I do, and I normally don’t even like breaker games!”
● A breaker game you’ve never seen before!
● Three completely different themes, with 25 levels each, that’s 75 levels in total! And more themes will arrive in the near future!
● Easy, intuitive gameplay which contains physics and very precise controls.
● Full iPhone 5, iPad Retina support!
● Running on 60 FPS. Smooth gameplay on every device you own!
● Stunning, colorful graphics. Expect completely different look ‘n feel in all three themes.
● Packed with Game Center leaderboard rankings, achievements & global achievements.
● Join the world in getting those rare achievements which can only be attained by working together, breaking as much blocks as possible.
● Music and SFX composed bij Martijn Vaassen. Has an ‘oldskool’ feeling to it which brings back those retro feelings you had while playing those classic breaker games.
● Integrated replay recordings, so you are able to share your gameplay videos instantly on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Made possible by Kamcord.
Barry Kostjens is an iOS application and game developer from the Netherlands. Working on several business projects for small and big companies. Game development happens in the evening and weekend hours. Hyper Breaker Turbo is his third game after iGangster (2009) and Push Panic! (2010).
Ricardo de Zoete is an artist who has started his career as a illustrator, creating different mascots for small Dutch companies. He’s graduated as an Animation & Games designer. During his study he working as an intern at a award winning game studio in the Netherlands. He was also working as a Visual Designer at his freelance company called RZDESIGN. After all that, he decided to fully submerge into creating games himself.
His first game was Push Panic! which was a collaboration with Barry Kostjens, released on iOS and has been downloaded over 2 million copies since then. He’s also currently working on An Alien with a Magnet. Besides all that he also works part-time at a large design agency in the Netherlands as a visual designer.
May 23rd - 2013
Official Launch Trailer
Official Hyper Breaker Turbo Website
Hyper Breaker Turbo on Facebook
Barry Kostjens (beJoy) - @bkostjens – http://twitter.com/bkostjens
Ricardo de Zoete (RZDESIGN) - @RicardoDeZoete – http://twitter.com/ricardodezoete