Estimated Release: 2010
Formats: PC, Mac, Linux/GP2X, SEGA Dreamcast
Genre: First-Person Shooter
For the first time since the initial releases in 1997 and 1998, see inspiration from the classic first-person-shooter Blood completely reimagined into a new and original title by TDGMods for a new generation with releases on a number of formats from the PC to the classic SEGA Dreamcast! Entering into its next phase of development, the team is pleased to reveal a brand new trailer for Hypertension along with even more details about this anticipated independent release.
• Operates off the Hyper3dge engine, an extension of the original EDGE engine derived from the source code for Doom and includes dynamic lighting and the Build Engine for environmental interactivity along with other modified technologies.
• Take control of two different characters separated between an entire century of time, each with varying styles of gameplay– a new character, Aurelia, from the year 2028, is a novice mage that uses unique means to defend herself, while returning Blood character Caleb, from the year 1928, relies on firearms and melee weaponry to charge into fights.
• Enjoy RPG elements interjected with the classic FPS gameplay– collect money in the game world to purchase more health, build up weapons, pick up alcohol and cigarettes or even bribe NPC characters. Players will also encounter objectives to accomplish in order to continue progression in the game and talking to various people will lead to information necessary to carry out your objective.
• Watch the story unfold with a variety of styles including in-panel cuscenes, live-action video, computer-generated effects, stop-motion photography and more.
• Encounter all of the original enemies from Blood along with brand new enemies made specifically for Hypertension.
• Pick up a wide variety of weapons and have fun at your enemies’ expense– classic weapons such as the pitchfork and shotgun return along with a score of new weapons exclusive to the game such as voodoo dolls and syringes. Some weapons are exclusive to a specific playable character and some of the returning items have new uses such as using the zippo lighter as a light source, loading special ammo types into weapons and more. Items can also be combined in battle– the classic aerosol can and lighter combination returns and players can create trails of liquid using an oil can and flick a cigarette ash onto it to create a blaze. Even your enemies’ dismembered body parts can be a weapon when put to good use!
• If players wish to take a break from the main story gameplay, a single-player deathmatch-style mode will be available, featuring characters and bosses controlled by the computer.
For more information and continued updates on Hypertension, please visit http://tdgmods.blogspot.com
The embeddable official first trailer for Hypertension can be found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tERev_ESsPo&feature=subtivity
If you would wish to contact the project lead for questions or interviews, you may do so by mailing email@example.com