Haarlem, The Netherlands – May 28, 2013 — Videogame publisher Iceberg Interactive announced today Endless Space: Disharmony, the first full Expansion Pack for the popular 4X game Endless Space , will be coming to Steam this summer for $9.99. After four free DLC packs, Endless Space: Disharmony displays Amplitude Studios’ ongoing commitment to enhancing the wildly successful 4X space strategy game Endless Space , since its critically-acclaimed release last summer.
Endless Space: Disharmony brings a brand new experience to Endless Space players by debuting a new faction called “The Harmony.” Battles have never been so intense with the addition of fighters and bombers, battle formations, a new targeting system, a redesigned weapon system and enhanced invasion mechanics. The AI opponents will be significantly more unpredictable with the implementation of the new ‘Adaptive Multi-Agenda Artificial Intelligence System.'
“We’re lucky to have a motivated team and even luckier to have such an incredible community,” commented Mathieu Girard, CEO of Amplitude Studios. “Our expansion pack has been designed based on player requests and community G2G votes, and we hope that it fulfills – or surpasses – their expectations."
Endless Space: Disharmony Game Features:
- A brand new Faction called “The Harmony” with the main objective to ANNIHILATE DUST!
- New fighters and bomber units that will completely change the shape of combat, especially with the new Battle Formation and Targeting systems
- A complete rework of the Ship Design Interface giving an improved Weapon System that includes family types for modules (short, medium and long range)
- New invasion mechanics have been added: prepare the population for bombardments, sieges and land invasions
- Expect to face a real challenge when playing against AI opponents with the new Adaptive Multi-Agent Artificial Intelligence System (AMAS)
- Other additions and features voted or requested by the community include:
- ? Four new heroes (Games2Gether)
- A new option to disable exchange of technologies, as a request from the Multiplayer community
- New Rally Points feature for newly built ships to reduce micromanagement
ABOUT ENDLESS SPACE
Endless Space, a critically acclaimed 4X turn-based strategy game covering the space colonization age, is the first game from Amplitude Studios. The player can explore an infinite number of galaxies, expand their civilization through subtle trade and diplomacy or warfare and conquest, exploit different planet types, luxuries, and strategic resources, and challenge up to seven opponents in online confrontations. The game has been designed -- and is still being enhanced -- with the participation of the community via the GAMES2GETHER process. Read more here endless-space.amplitude-studios.com.
ABOUT AMPLITUDE STUDIOS
Amplitude Studios is an independent gathering of experienced video game lovers (and developers) with a single goal: create the best strategy games! Based in Paris, the studio boasts an international team that has worked all over the world. Developer credits include franchises such as Battlefield, Rayman, XIII, R.U.S.E., Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, Call of Juarez, Might & Magic Heroes, Might & Magic Clash of Heroes, and others. Working closely for years with players to share, discuss or compare ideas, the team is bringing the idea of community one step further with GAMES2GETHER, a new way for players around the world to participate in the creation of a video game! Read more at www.amplitude-studios.com.
ABOUT ICEBERG INTERACTIVE
Iceberg Interactive is an independent video game publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of game industry veterans and is located in Haarlem, The Netherlands. While keeping its roots in the European retail games market, Iceberg has rapidly increased its focus toward the global digital games market by building strong direct relationships with dozens of Game Portals. Staffed with avid gamers, Iceberg works closely with an international assembly of game developers, both midsize and indie. With a distinct focus on the strategy, action, simulation and adventure game genres, the company has garnered attention with acclaimed releases including Killing Floor, Wings of Prey, APB Reloaded and Endless Space, among its 50-plus game arsenal -- with more promising games in the pipeline.
Don’t just play, play it cool!