Haarlem, The Netherlands – July 2, 2013 – Video Game publisher Iceberg Interactive is pleased to announce its new 4X turn-based strategy game Horizon is now available on Steam’s Early Access program. Horizon is currently in an advanced development stage with many of its features working but not yet fully complete.
Along with the release of Horizon on Early Access, an official teaser trailer has been released and can be streamed at the Iceberg Youtube Channel.
“ We are very excited to be on Steam Early Access!” said Raffi Parsekhian, CEO at L3O Interactive. “ Making the game accessible during development is really important to us to gather feedback from our gaming community. We are very much looking forward to interacting with all of you to help us shape Horizon into its final form.”
Horizon is a turn-based space strategy game of galactic exploration and conquest in which you are in control of humanity’s destiny.
You will explore deep space, find new frontiers and discover alien artifacts hidden on long-abandoned planets. You will also learn more about the galaxy as you come into contact with ten other species, each with their own unique culture, history and schemes.
A fully interactive galaxy enables you to navigate open space between stars and planets. Patrol your borders and, when the need arises, defend your territory by engaging in ship-to-ship tactical combat. Develop new colonies and then watch them become galactic centers for trade, industry and science -- and of course military bases, outposts and shipyards to build your battle ships. Push your empire to its limits and go beyond the known horizon!
- Advanced turn-based tactical combat which many 4X fans have been requesting for years.
- Full tactical ship control includes managing movement, weapons, and more. Board other ships, attack from planetary and orbital defenses.
- A distinct open-world system, where ships can explore without artificial limits and where combat can span many turns before concluding.
- Interact with alien races of different levels, including ancient civilizations featuring their own unique storyline, schemes, ships and technology.
- An immersive galaxy storyline with open-ended missions that add another layer of gameplay over classic 4X mode which is also available.
- Engage in meaningful diplomacy choices that will impact the game outcome, includes coordinated actions with your allies against your enemies.
- Discover more than 80 technologies each with 10 levels of upgrades. Conduct planetary surveys and dig for artifacts.
- Design and customize your ships’ weapons and systems based on available technology.
- A detailed economy and colony management system with different types and levels of colonies based on your build choices.
- Play in different galaxy configurations from a few dozen stars to over a hundred star systems containing more than a thousand planets.
ABOUT L3O INTERACTIVE
L3O Interactive ( http://www.l3O.com) is an independent Canadian video game developer located in Toronto, Ontario. L3O was founded on the principle to make classic hardcore games with innovative and more immersive gameplay elements. The studio is currently focused on completing its first commercial project Horizon , a grand space 4X game which strives to bring a new experience to strategy and sci-fi gamers!
ABOUT ICEBERG INTERACTIVE
Iceberg Interactive ( www.iceberg-games.com) is an independent video game publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans and is located in Haarlem, The Netherlands. While keeping its roots in the European retail games market, Iceberg has rapidly increased its focus towards the global digital games market, by building strong direct relationships with dozens of Game Portals. Staffed with avid gamers, Iceberg works closely with an international assembly of game developers, both midsize and indie. With a distinct focus on the strategy, action, simulation and adventure game genres, the company has garnered attention with acclaimed releases including Killing Floor, Wings of Prey, APB Reloaded and Endless Space among its 50+ game arsenal - with more promising games in the pipeline.