Haarlem, The Netherlands – October 3rd, 2013 — Veteran video game publisher Iceberg Interactive revealed today that its’ love affair with all things off-planet continues apace with the action-packed 2.5D survival platformer Dark Matter , coming to PC, OS X and Linux on Steam and in Western European retail mid-October.
Developed by InterWave Studios, Dark Matter is set in a derelict spaceship inundated by a sinister alien presence and infested with deadly parasites. As the Ensign, players must explore the adrift spaceship Endeavour through echoing, fetid hallways and facilities, scavenging for parts and blueprints, while expanding their arsenal and customizing their combat style against the intelligent and reactive enemies.
Check out the all new screenshots for Dark Matter HERE: http://www.iceberg-games.com/games/DarkMatter/Screens_ComingSoon_DM.rar
Michiel Beenen, CEO at InterWave Studios says: " After Nuclear Dawn, we dedicated ourselves to a more personal project, a revival of the Metroidvania canon, but with an InterWave twist. Dark Matter is a fantastic convergence of passion and technology, a dark world to explore, a great new story to discover. We are excited to bring it to a worldwide audience thanks to Iceberg's great work."
Dark Matter takes a unique spin on the survival horror genre, set in deep space, with a heavy emphasis on hard-hitting tactical combat and exploration in a beautiful 2D/3D setting. This unique side-scrolling action/survival horror game presents players with heavy tension, as they must decide whether to use environmental resources to prevent an unknown alien presence from ravaging them to pieces, or skilfully wield upgradable weapons one bullet at a time to stay alive.
Dark Matter’s key features include:
- 14 levels set in a gritty tale of deep space survival
- Four weapons, each with four ammo types
- The ability to collect scrap and alien resources to craft tools and health packs
- Specialized weapon upgrades that enable players to develop their own combat techniques
- Complex enemy AI that reacts to player actions and tactics
- Non-linear exploration and storytelling
- Elemental ammo effects enabling gamers to freeze, dissolve, electrocute or set fire to their enemies
- Light and darkness are integral parts of gameplay, not just visual touches
- Uncompromisingly real-time light and shadow casting for spine-tingling moments of pure, darkness-fuelled terror
- Clean, hand-painted textures and custom-shading techniques are combined in a unique visual style
- Dynamic soundtrack that adapts to gameplay circumstances
- Steam Cloud support for save games
- SteamPlay, available for Windows, OSX and Linux
InterWave Studios and InterWave Games is a game development company. We don't do entertainment software, technology or solutions, we just make the games that we would want to play, and hope you like them too. InterWave is dedicated to making, marketing and promoting the best games out there. We've developed, we are developing, and we have helped release several genre-bending, platform-defining and just bloody awesome games, and we've only just started our journey.
ABOUT ICEBERG INTERACTIVE
Iceberg Interactive is an independent video game publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans and is located in Haarlem, The Netherlands. While keeping its roots in the European retail games market, Iceberg has rapidly increased its focus towards the global digital games market, by building strong direct relationships with dozens of Game Portals. Staffed with avid gamers, Iceberg works closely with an international assembly of game developers, both midsize and indie. With a distinct focus on the strategy, action, simulation and adventure game genres, the company has garnered attention with acclaimed releases including Killing Floor, Wings of Prey, APB Reloaded and Endless Space among its 70+ game arsenal - with more promising games in the pipeline.
Don’t just play, play it cool!