Haarlem, The Netherlands – October 8, 2013 – Veteran video game publisher Iceberg Interactive announced today that Gas Guzzlers Extreme is now available on Steam. Developed by indie studio Gamepires, Gas Guzzlers Extreme is a frantic, addictive combat racing game for PC that embraces many Steam features and multiplayer modes. It features 350+ miles of road across 40 tracks as well as eight combat arenas, realistic car physics, polished graphics and many hours of white-knuckle entertainment.
“The Gamepires team is very proud of what we have achieved with Gas Guzzlers Extreme regarding technology and gameplay,” says, Andrej Levenski, Technical Editor at Gamepires. “We hope the standard that we have set with Gas Guzzlers Extreme in terms of graphics, physics and gameplay will become the new benchmark for any future car combat title.”
“Gamers have been waiting for this one and we’re delighted to oblige,” says, Iceberg CEO Erik Schreuder. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I have some vehicles to destroy.”
Gas Guzzlers Extreme features a variety of cars, from humble super-minis to full on giant yank tanks, muscle cars, and more. Players will start with a low performance vehicle and quickly work their way into higher-powered and faster vehicles by earning money via a series of uniquely challenging races from big multiplayer arenas to wild, short-cut ridden race courses.
Gas Guzzlers Extreme Game Features:
- Combat racing at its best, featuring a blood-pumping single-player campaign with more than 12 hours of gameplay.
- Fast-as-lightening multiplayer tournaments with seven different modes (classic race, power race, knockout, deathmatch, last man standing and capture the flag); with up to four teams available in team play mode.
- 350+ miles of road across 40 tracks, eight arenas and seven different environments.
- 12 unique weapons, on-track bonuses and power ups.
- 18 customizable cars (12+ upgrades, color, rims, stickers, etc).
- Multi-path tracks and sponsored events.
- Instant play with vicious AI Bots populating your multiplayer match while other players begin to join in on the fun.
- Beautifully displayed high definition visuals with extensive vehicle damage, motion blur effects and custom paint jobs.
- Full force feedback controller support as well as keyboards, joy pads, joysticks and racing wheels.
- Packed with tons of unique humor and personality.
- Exclusive three-wheel racing vehicles.
- Steam Achievements, Cloud Saving, Big Picture and Trading Cards.
Gamepires expertise resides in the highly rendered and superior graphics gaming environments and relies on combining exquisite knowledge in physics and gameplay development with top-class graphic layouts. The team consists of creative groups of developers and designers continuously oriented towards innovation and perfection in game production, their daily passion. This has resulted in a unique game engine, the best of breed gameplay, design and art for each and every entertainment solution we produce. In the last 15 years every Gamepires team member has been engaged in some of the bestselling and top technology gaming products. Their experience and knowledge guarantee the highest performance and usage standards possible.
ABOUT ICEBERG INTERACTIVE
Iceberg Interactive is an independent video game publisher founded in 2009 by an international group of games industry veterans and is located in Haarlem, The Netherlands. While keeping its roots in the European retail games market, Iceberg has rapidly increased its focus towards the global digital games market, by building strong direct relationships with dozens of Game Portals. Staffed with avid gamers, Iceberg works closely with an international assembly of game developers, both midsize and indie. With a distinct focus on the strategy, action, simulation and adventure game genres, the company has garnered attention with acclaimed releases including Killing Floor, Wings of Prey, APB Reloaded and Endless Space among its 70+ game arsenal - with more promising games in the pipeline.
Play it cool!