Haarlem, The Netherlands– 22 March 2010– Premier videogame publisher Iceberg Interactive and Ntronium Games have announced that they have struck a deal, with Iceberg securing the rights to publish Armada 2526 in European retail. Armada 2526 is an exciting and deep hybrid‘4x’ space strategy game for PC. The game is currently in its final tweaking stage and set for a retail release in June 2010 across Europe.
Iceberg Interactive CEO Erik Schreuder says:“We are really looking forward to once again step into the world of 4x space strategy with this challenging and great looking strategy game. Be ready to conquer the universe not just by sheer force, but by cunningly negotiating with alien races until you are strong enough to defeat them.”
Ntronium Games CEO Bob Smith says:“We are extremely pleased to be working with a veteran publishing team like the people at Iceberg, who have played and successfully published in the 4x genre before. Exciting times lie ahead when we will see localized boxed versions of our game on European store shelves.”
About Armada 2526
Armada 2526 continues the great tradition of space opera games. You guide your race from its first interstellar journeys, until it becomes a mighty galactic empire. Along the way, you'll explore the galaxy, conduct research, diplomacy and trade, find new colonies, maneuver mighty star fleets, and fight epic battles.
Although the game is complex, and the possible strategies endless, powerful help and advisor features, help you get up to speed quickly. Unlike many games in this genre, Armada 2526 focuses on providing a game that can be finished in a reasonable time, and emphasizes battle and strategy over economic micro-management.
The game consists of two sections. The Star Map is where you run your empire: manage your colonies, deploy your fleets, do research, and conduct diplomacy. It uses a turn based system, so you can take as long as you wish to plan your actions. However, once battle is joined, you switch to the battle module and fight it out in a real-time 3D system that brings to life the beauty and visceral carnage of space combat.
Armada 2526 Features
• Turn based star map for moving fleets, managing colonies, performing research, and conducting diplomacy.
• Customizable map size and number of players, allowing you to construct tight 2 player confrontations, or huge galaxies with 50 or more players, and thousands of stars. Map designer included.• Twelve animated alien races to play and battle against.
• Full featured diplomacy system, with a highly intelligent AI and options to ask favors, make demands, and issue ultimatums.
• More than 100 technology items to research, including advances in ship construction, ground defenses, biological warfare, and psychic powers.
• 3D Real-time battle system for fighting huge battles with 100 or more ships per side.
• Ground combat is integrated into the combat system, allowing marines to be landed to battle ground defenses while ship combat rages overhead.
• More than a hundred beautifully crafted ship models, including mighty dreadnaughts, long range missile cruisers, fighters, carriers, and asteroids for bombarding planets.
• Tough A.I. opponents.
About Shining Pixel Studios
The driving force behind the development, is R.T. Smith (aka Bob) who has been creating strategy and war games for more than 20 years. Most recently he was the project director and lead designer for Medieval 2 Total War, having previously served as designer and programmer on the previous Total War Games. Now owning and operating a development studio from Bangkok Thailand, the crew is focused on creating the‘magnus opus’ in space strategy: Armada 2526.
About Iceberg Interactive
Iceberg Interactive is a premier videogame publisher set to make a splash in the interactive entertainment industry. The company is staffed with a mix of industry veterans and upcoming young talent, has offices in key locations across Europe and has established partnerships all over the globe for both online and offline sales. Hence why Iceberg is a great alternative for developers looking to bring their products to a worldwide audience. The company has the licenses for several console platforms yet currently focuses foremost on PC gaming. Iceberg is among the market leaders for the following niche genres for PC: simulators, adventure and action games.
Don’t just play, play it cool!
For more information visit www.iceberg-interactive.com to keep up with the latest breaking news.