Haarlem, The Netherlands– 22 April 2010– A boxed version of Global Agenda, the award-winning Shooter/MMO from Atlanta-based Hi-Rez Studios, is coming to retail outlets in Europe later this year, courtesy of premier videogame publisher Iceberg Interactive.
After a highly successful digital-only release on Steam in February 2010, Iceberg and Hi-Rez have decided to make the game available in stores throughout Europe.
The English-language European Retail release is planned for early September 2010, with a German release following shortly thereafter. The release will include Global Agenda's upcoming Sandstorm expansion pack, as well as other previously unreleased content, introducing a wide array of new devices, weapons and content into the game, including Open PvE zones and a large-scale PvP Warzone featuring 64-player battles.
"We've been incredibly pleased with the amount of European interest in Global Agenda despite our digital-download-only distribution ," says Todd Harris, Global Agenda's Executive Producer. "Adding a boxed version available in retail stores, as well as expanding our available languages, is a key step to continuing our growth in Europe and worldwide, especially as we continue to increase the game's marketing and visibility, and add more and more content to the game. Iceberg Interactive was the perfect partner to help us make this leap."
“We‘re hugely excited to be publishing such a high profile title in Europe”, says Erik Schreuder, CEO of Iceberg Interactive.“Global Agenda has created a huge buzz as a digital download product and we are looking forward to repeating that success at retail. We’ve played it, we love it and we just know gamers will too. We’re also very impressed with Hi-Rez’s desire to keep adding extra content to the game, as this is this what gamers deserve, communities really appreciate and that we definitely want to be associated with.”
Global Agenda operates London-based servers today to support its European customers. The game's unique single-shard server design allows all customers worldwide to compete inside the same game universe, with the ability to play with or against anyone, while at the same time having the freedom to choose a Region/Data Center (North America, Europe or Pacific Rim) from which to load mission instances. Players interested in buying the game through digital distribution may still do so through Steam.
About Global Agenda
2155. From the ashes of the devastating Third Great War rose the Commonwealth, an oppressive world government determined to control the entire planet. The few remaining independent factions retaliate the only way they can, with elite teams of special operatives trained in advanced warfare tactics and equipped with high-tech weaponry. The future of humanity is their battleground, where knowledge is power, technology is a race, and everyone has a Global Agenda.
• Create your agent - Create, customize, and develop multiple agent characters, complementing your FPS skills with accessible RPG-style progression. Unlock weaponry and cuttingedge devices including jetpacks, grenade launchers, mines, deployable turrets, stealth suits, holographic decoys,robotic droids and HUNDREDS of others.
• Co-Op with friends online - You and your friends share the same online mission experience - working as a team,communicating via built-in text and voice chat, infiltrating facilities, defeating end bosses, and earning technology upgrades. A built-in match-making system makes it easy to finds groups and new players to compete with and against.
• Compete in fast-paced, multiplayer matches - Teamwork and tactics are paramount within objective-based game types designed from the ground up to support intense and balanced player vs. player combat.
In addition, an optional subscription package, called Conquest, allows you to:
• Conquer persistent territory - Player formed agencies compete for scarce territory, resources, and technology on a persistent world map. Create and upgrade facilities, attack and defend territories, and engage in Base Raids, production, politics and deception on your way toward world domination.
• Unlock additional content, gameplay modes and "MMO" Features - Whereas the single-purchase game primarily provides a competitive multi-player shooter experience, similar to a Team Fortress 2 or Modern Warfare 2, the optional subscription unlocks a larger game universe with larger battles, enhanced in-game rewards, and other additional content players expect from an MMO.
What Others Are Saying About Global Agenda
- <*>“Repackages the fond, familiar cooperative and mobile combat of TF2 and Tribes with layers of MMO goodness" -- PC Gamer Magazine*> <*>"A fast-paced, action-packed adrenaline rush" -- Zam.com*> <*>"Slick, Polished and Bad Ass" -- Gamersinfo.net*> <*>"Stuns with its professionalism" -- Eurogamer*> <*>"I wanted to play for hours" - Inc Gamers*> <*>"Game of the Show - E3 2009" -- MMORPG.com*> <*>"Best Gameplay of E3 2009" -- TenTonHammer.com*> <*>"Easily the game of the show at GameX, hands down" -- Massively.com*>
Hi-Rez Studios, Inc. was established in 2005 to create exceptional online interactive entertainment. It is located just outside of Atlanta, GA. For more information, visit www.hirezstudios.com.
About Iceberg Interactive
Iceberg Interactive is a premier videogame publisher set to make a splash in the interactive entertainment industry. The company is staffed with a mix of industry veterans and upcoming young talent, has offices in key locations across Europe and has established partnerships all over the globe for both online and offline sales. Hence why Iceberg is a great alternative for developers looking to bring their products to a worldwide audience. The company has the licenses for several console platforms yet currently focuses foremost on PC gaming. Iceberg is among the market leaders for the following niche genres for PC: simulators, adventure and action games.
Don’t just play… play it cool.
For more information visit www.iceberg-interactive.com to keep up with the latest breaking news.