In honor of Grand Theft Auto III's 10 year anniversary weekend, join us later today for a special Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition Social Club multiplayer event on PSN, the latest event in the fall series calendar. While we're playing from 10PM-1AM GMT, you'll have the chance to enter to win the Grand Prize sweepstakes: a deluxe Grand Theft Auto III Anniversary prize pack including:
- Two hand painted, limited edition and individually numbered custom Grand Theft Auto PlayStation 3 controllers, complete with a laser-cut Rockstar insignia home button
- One GTAIII Anniversary Limited-Edition Claude Action Figure
- One Grand Theft Auto III mug, complete with brass knuckles for the handle
- Two Grand Theft Auto t-shirts
- Assorted Grand Theft Auto and Rockstar stickers
To commemorate the occasion, we've invited some of our most old school GTA fansite luminaries to join us and play as special guests - folks that were on the scene back in the early 2000s when Grand Theft Auto III first released or very soon thereafter. While we Rockstars will be playing (and live streaming) on PSN, some of them will be on Xbox LIVE, so feel free to join in on either platform:
- G-WizZ from GTAwh.com - Xbox LIVE Gamertag gtawh
- adamcs from GTANet.com - Xbox LIVE Gamertag adamcsx
- Zidane from GTAGaming.com - PSN ID CaseyTheVA
- Psy from iGrandTheftAuto.com - PSN ID Psycopsy
Read on for further details on this evening’s GTA multiplayer action...
OFFICIAL ROCKSTAR PSN IDs
Participating PlayStation Network Rockstar Games IDs for this day will be:
FINDING US IN-GAME
Where's Rockstar? Pay attention to the live chat on the Social Club Multiplayer Events page. We'll announce where we're at in there. We'll begin in Grand Theft Auto IV in GTA Race, and later progress to the two episodes. Use the in-game cellphone to select the mode we're playing during the event.
NEED A PARTNER?
For team-based modes such as Team Deathmatch, gather your friends using Party Mode. You can also hit up the chat during the event or just post your PlayStation Network ID in the Comments section below.
ABOUT PARTY MODE
Party Mode is an easy way to get your group together and find matches. Here are the three quick and easy steps to get you up and running:
- Save your current game. To get started, fire up the in-game mobile phone by pressing "Up" on the keyboard. Select Multiplayer > Party Mode > Yes.
- Next, open up your phone again and select the Friends option to invite at least one person into your Party Mode game.
- Once your team is ready to roll, open up the in-game phone again and select Games > GTA Race.