Team17 announces Worms™ 3 for iOS!
Thursday 11 th July 2013 – Today marks the fourth anniversary of Team17’s first venture onto the App Store with Worms™ and what a journey it’s been! On iOS, Worms™ 2: Armageddon alone has amassed a frightening set of statistics. Did you know there have been over 120,000,000 games, played totaling over 1,900 years of game time?
Now the chart-topping, award-winning, #1 turn-based strategy game is back and better than ever! Worms™ 3 includes gorgeous new graphics, worm classes, strategic playing cards and all new weapons! What’s even better is that Worms™ 3 has been designed and developed exclusively for mobile platforms.
Jam-packed with awesome features, Worms™ 3 includes:
· PLAY online with asynchronous multiplayer warfare. Enroll in ranked or friendly matches and show off your prowess. Remember, with async you don’t have to commit to a full session at a time. Take your turn then go beat your friend’s score in the single player Bodycount mode!
· CONQUER 27 single player missions across 4 themes: Beach, Spooky, Farmyard and Sewer.
· BATTLE in multiplayer Forts or Deathmatch modes and challenge yourself with the increasingly difficult Bodycount single player game.
· Local Pass N Play multiplayer for up to four players!
· INCOMING! New weapons such as Nora’s Virus, Black Hole Grenade, Canned Heat and the return of fan favourites such as the Old Lady, Homing Pigeon and Boggy B!
· DEAL yourself the advantage with a new, game-changing enhancement. Turn on the card mode and alter the start and end of each turn by the playing of strategic cards.
· COLLECT in-game rewards that allow you to purchase bronze, silver and gold cards. Build your deck from 41 fiendishly designed cards!
· ENLIST your perfect battle combination as you choose your Worms from a new ‘Class’ system - Heavy, Scientist, Scout and classic Soldier. Each has its own unique skill and ability. Which will fit in with your style of play?
· GO LARGE with the fabulous AirPlay feature. Link up to Apple TV and play on one device with up to four players on the big screen. The active player can plot their move secretly on the iOS device while the waiting gamers can witness the move on the TV screen!
· CUSTOMIZE your squad and make them unique with a huge amount of customizable elements new to iOS!
· GREATER CONTROL for players who can now choose between an all-new D-Pad control system and the original touch controls.
· MARVEL at the glorious streamlined menu system. Gamers can now enjoy a much more pleasant and navigable menu system with a quick access player hub for all updates and information!
· BE THE BEST and Worm your way to the top of the Leaderboards across all major game modes including single player as well as asynchronous online ranked matches.
· Show off your skills by earning Achievements! A delightful blend of the simple and complex, these goals have been deliberately engineered to push you and your Wormy skills to the limits!
Exclusive to mobile, Worms™ 3 is due for a Q3 2013 release and will be available for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch via the App Store.
For more information on Worms™ 3 please visit http://www.facebook.com/WormsTeam17
For more information on Team17 please visit http://www.facebook.com/Team17
About Worms™ 3:
Worms™ 3. Developed by Team17 Digital Ltd. © 2013. Team17 and Worms™ are trademarks or registered trademarks of Team17 Digital Limited. Original concept Andy Davidson. All other trademarks, copyrights and logos are property of their respective owners. Developed and published by Team17 Digital Limited.
About Team17 Digital Ltd:
Team17 Digital Limited (Team 17) celebrated its 20th anniversary in 2010 and headquartered in West Yorkshire, England, it is a leading independent developer and digital publishing company. Founded in 1990, the company develops and publishes interactive software worldwide for digital game systems, personal computers, wireless devices and the Internet. More information about Team17 products can be found at www.team17.com.
For more information, please contact:
Bethany Aston at Team17 Digital Ltd