SOUTH BY SOUTHWEST (SXSW), AUSTIN, Texas, March 12, 2013 – Rockstar Rising, the multi-level, multi-player game that lets gamers live out their fantasies of becoming a rockstar announced it will be holding The Virtual Rockstar Rising Contest for independent artists to get a chance at becoming immortalized as a caricature in the game. Rockstar Rising is calling for artists’ submissions from March 8-April 30, and the winner will be announced May 7.
“Independent artists are now given their chance to have their songs featured in the game, exposing them to thousands of gamers and potential new fans,” said Karl George, CEO of Whotune and creator of Rockstar Rising. “This is a wonderful opportunity to discover new talent and introduce that talent to the world.”
Contest Submission Requirements and Guidelines
There is no cost to enter the contest, and both solo artists and bands will be considered. Each artist or band will be limited one entry. Songs must contain one of each of the following: vocals, guitars, and drums. No obscene language can be considered, as Rockstar Rising is an all ages game.
To enter the contest, artists will first need to sign into Whotune.com and create a free profile. If you are already a member of Whotune.com, you can skip this step. Step-by-step instructions for contest submission are below:
- In the backstage area, upload new songs or select a previously uploaded song on your profile.
- Click on the song you wish to enter and below it you will see an ‘Enter Competition’ tab.
- Click ‘Enter Competition’ and select ‘Rockstar Rising’ then click ‘save’. You will now be prompted to visit the ‘How to Enter’ page on the ‘Contests’ tab.
- You MUST visit the ‘How to Enter’ tab in order for your entry to be validated. You can share your entry with your friends and fans and get them to vote for you.
Judges include Karl George founder and CEO of Whotune Music Group; Steve Tannett, Manager of Whotune Records & Publishing; Tommy Faragher, 12 time Grammy nominated producer and songwriter and current musical director of the hit TV show GLEE; and Justin Mette, head of Whotune games.
Judging will be based on the combination of judges’ individual scores, with 30 percent of the total score based on fan votes.
The selected winner will:
· Receive a caricature creation based off winner’s likeness.
· Become a featured artist in the game.
· Spread music to the ears of gamers on the platform.
· Increase visibility and fan base.
· There will also be a consideration for signing to Whotune publishing.
About Rockstar Rising
Rockstar Rising is an iOS and Facebook game that connects the broad network of social gamers with music from Whotune’s network of talented independent artists. Rockstar Rising is a multi-level, multi-player game that helps users live out their fantasies of becoming a rockstar and gives players a fun peek at what it takes to be an international recording artist — taking them from their parents’ garage to the world stage. The game’s music is powered by the independent artists of Whotune, the world’s most innovative portal for music promotion and discovery. For more information, visit www.rockstarrising.com.
Whotune is a music discovery and promotion ecosystem, and a one-stop hub for the new music industry. Standing at the crossroads of music discovery, social networking and social gaming, the network unites music discovery with innovative new media channels to help artists find new audiences. Whotune’s combination of social music network, artist development program and music gaming titles, gives independent music artists instant access to a cutting-edge promotional ecosystem, and lets music and gaming fans discover and interact with artists in new and exciting ways.