This Release's Tags
Action game, Mobile, Mobile gaming, Video Games, Wireless, android, iPad Games, iPhone, iPhone Games, platformer, red fly studio
Austin, Texas - December 1, 2011
Hermes’ ship has crashed in a spaceship junkyard and the deep space salvager must don his anti-gravity suit and collect enough space debris to get home. Launching today, Inertia: Escape Velocity is the first mobile game for touch devices from independent developer Red Fly Studio and will put players into Hermes’ anti-gravity boots. This physics-based platformer will present players with challenging levels to master using a unique anti-gravity mechanic - by manipulating gravity, navigating force fields, and overcoming other obstacles, players will help Hermes collect enough space debris to fix his ship. Download Inertia: Escape Velocity today in the App Store and Android Market for $1.99 ($3.99 on iPad and Android tablets).
Features of Inertia: Escape Velocity include:
• Physics-based platformer: employ a unique anti-gravity element to float, glide, and bounce around deep space environments to collect space junk for ship repair and to unlock new planets.
• Console gameplay on mobile devices: with high-quality graphics, intense and challenging levels, and a unique gameplay mechanic, core gamers will appreciate a console gaming experience on a portable platform.
• Control settings: the game uses on-screen controls for movement, jumping, and gravity control, but players can also opt to use challenging “tilt” controls that turn the entire device into the controller.
• Inferno levels: for even more of a challenge, players can try their hand at these high-difficulty versions of each level.
Inertia: Escape Velocity is the spiritual successor to the award-winning student project Inertia . Created by students out of Southern Methodist University’s game development program (known as the The Guildhall at SMU), Inertia was awarded the Grand Prize for non-commercial games in the 2011 Indie Game Challenge this past February, even beating out indie hit Limbo in the Gamer’s Choice category. With the creators of the original Inertia now part of the development team at Red Fly Studio, a percentage of proceeds from the sale of Inertia: Escape Velocity will be donated to The Guildhall at SMU.
Inertia: Escape Velocity is available now for download:
• iOS SD (iPhone and iPod Touch): http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/inertia-escape-velocity/id476098796?ls=1&mt=8
A press kit of assets, including fact sheet, company background, screenshots, and logos can be downloaded at www.triplepointpr.com/dl/RedFlyStudio/Inertia%20Escape%20Velocity%20Press%20Kit.zip (11 MB). The trailer can also be supplied to press upon request.
About Red Fly Studio
Located in downtown Austin, Texas, Red Fly Studio is an established and passionate video game development group founded by game industry veterans. Founded in 2005 as a 2-man art outsourcing house, Red Fly has grown to be a successful independent developer working on titles such as Thor, The Force Unleashed II, and Ghostbusters. The studio also enjoys the freedom of independence, working with the best in the business to launch original properties like Mushroom Men and Inertia.
Ellen Manuszak, TriplePoint PR for Red Fly Studio