Palo Alto, California - Dec. 7, 2009– MeanFreePath LLC., maker of innovative, location-based social games for major mobile devices, announced today the official release of their ground-breaking app, Turf Wars, for the Apple® iPhone™ and iPod® touch. Using OS 3.0’s robust GPS capabilities, Turf Wars takes social crime games beyond the hypothetical, and lets users battle it out for real world territory in real time, competing for Turf, influence, and the vaunted title of city mob boss or“Capo.”
Getting Started with Turf Wars is easy:
• Go directly to the“Turf Map” and begin claiming unoccupied Turf (up to 1 mile from the device’s GPS location). Players continue to acquire Turf anywhere they travel, until their cap has been reached. This limit on total Turf is raised at each level-up.
• Players run a variety of criminal missions in order to gain cash and experience, leveling up their character and increasing their abilities in combat and Turf collection. Players use this cash to purchase over 30 weapons, tools, and Turf upgrades to help beat back other mobsters.
• As Turf is accumulated, players increase their“influence”. Influence is attached to Turf and determines how much a given piece of Turf will earn. The greater the population within a piece of Turf, the greater the influence. Players also bolster a property’s influence by making improvements or defensive upgrades.
• Players can choose to attack other players or simply attack a piece of their Turf. Higher level players will be difficult to defeat without creativity. Competitors will need to chip away at their Turf holdings slowly and methodically.
• Need a helping hand? Players can invite, and be invited by, anyone playing the game to join a mob and help take down the competition. They can also pay tribute to“The Don” to get a real leg up.
Turf Wars uses the scarcity of real territory within an interactive, world-wide map to create a multiplayer experience that is truly dynamic. It is one of the first games to fully utilize the Apple platform’s GPS capabilities and the first social crime game to use real physical territory as a major gameplay element. Ally with friends/ fellow mobsters or simply destroy them! Turf Wars is more fun when it’s personal.
“Turf Wars is unique because it uses player’s actual GPS locations and gives them an interactive, real-time Turf map to keep an eye on enemies and plot their next moves. In order to really succeed, players must build their empire in a way that makes sense geographically,” said Nick Baicoianu, CEO of MeanFreePath LLC.“Thousands of people have downloaded Turf Wars already, and our user feedback has been overwhelmingly positive!”
To download Turf Wars for FREE or for more information, please visit www.turfwarsapp.com or follow us on Facebook
**NOTE: iPhone/ iPod touch users must be running Apple’s GPS-enabled, OS 3.0 or higher in order to play Turf Wars**
Phone: 209.586.1495 x110
About MeanFreePath LLC.
MeanFreePath LLC., based in Palo Alto, CA, is a maker of innovative, location-based social games for major mobile devices. Their first title, Turf Wars, for Apple® iPhone™ and iPod® touch is a world-wide, massively multiplayer online game that takes advantage of the Apple platform’s OS 3.0 GPS.