Rapid Turtle Games today announced the release of the Lite (demo) version of iRequiem on iTunes. This version gives players have the chance to try the game and experience the intense action the full version has. There are only the first 7 levels, but players can try out many from the available weapons, spells, dark powers, rites and vehicles. They can even unlock achievements or see how their score ranks against other players around the world thanks to Game Center and OpenFeint.
iRequiem Lite App Store link:
iRequiem will have you fighting against a horde of zombies and other creatures - don’t worry about your weapon of choice as you will be supplied with a mixture of real-world modern weapons like shotguns, grenade/rocket launchers and medieval/fantasy weapons such as bows and crossbows. Along the way you will gain dark magic weapons such as spells, amulets, dark powers and rites.
iRequiem offers gamers a more realistic horror graphic compared to other 2D zombie/horror shooters available on the App Store.
The story begins after Evil takes the main protagonist’s soul and endows him with dark powers. Here’s the protagonist’s monologue at the beginning of the game:
“Banished by this world and hunted by the evil, there is no place to hide for me. My days and nights were spent in the shadows hiding from both worlds, since I tasted the death and came back to live. The evil took my soul, but in return endowed me with a special gift– possession of dark powers. The unattractive appearance and the closeness with the evil power conspired against me, robbing me of everything valuable for this world. Bitter and alone, my desire to take vengeance on evil was stronger as time passed. I want to regain my soul and to return to my people. Let the revenge begin...”
iRequiem players control only the main protagonist, but there are vehicles which the player can control too. In addition, a special power allows players to possess any of the monsters available in the game, and to use all of its attack skills until it dies!
· 2 game modes: Campaign and Survival
· 55 levels in Campaign (7 levels in Lite version), unlimited in Survival
· Kill with 19 insane weapons: Rocket Launchers, Shotguns, Flamethrower, Chain Crossbow, Acid Gun, Stake Gun and more
· 21 types of dreadful monsters: 5 BIG bosses, 3 Minibosses, 13 regular monsters (Zombies, Skeletons, Spiders, Hounds...)
· Control merciless vehicles: the brutal Hell Machine and Hellicopter
· Special abilities and upgrades: Dark Powers, Spells, Rites, Amulets, Potions...
· 11 kill skills: Overkill, Afterburn, Multi-Kill, Carbonize, Smash kill...
· Extraordinary story, meet Marcus, find out your destiny
· 40 Achievements, Leaderboards, compete with other players around the world (GameCenter and/or OpenFeint)
· Professional voices by John McCann
· Amazing visuals and sounds effects
· Auto-save for your progress
· Easy to pick up and play, thanks to intuitive controls and tips for beginners
· Think like a thief and pickpocket monsters for extra gold or potions
· Action Replay - record your gameplay and watch it later! Watch how you have defeated the boss, completed a level etc.
· Acrobatic moves: somersault, jump, power jump
iRequiem - a 2D horror themed shooter taking place in hell, which is depicted as a dark gothic medieval world. http://www.irequiemgame.com