RELEASE DATE: 30TH MARCH 2011
Press Release posted on March 03, 2011
For immediate release
Islands of WAKFU is an adventure, action and fighting game which will be distributed via the Xbox 360 TM download platform. It will be available from 30 th March, 2011, and will cost 1200 Microsoft Points.
BEAT’EM UP, SHOOT’EM UP, ADVENTURE
Whether you use single-player or co-op mode (2 players using one console), Islands of WAKFU focuses on the cooperation of the two playable characters: Nora, an Eliatrope (the same class as Yugo, hero of the WAKFU series) who can teleport, and Efrim, her dragon brother, who can fly and fire balls of Wakfu at enemies.
Depending on which of the two characters you choose, and on your progress through the game’s 14 levels, gameplay switches between adventure and combat. The fighting phases use a previously unreleased dynamic system (arcade-style, somewhere between beat‘em up and shoot‘em up) in which players will master“Dimensional Arts” such as teleportation and shooting. You can complete the game in Initiate mode (for experienced players) or in Goddess mode (for beginners).
HOW ABOUT WE START WITH THE END OF THE WORLD?
As part of Ankama’s transmedia project, Islands of WAKFU allows players to learn more about the DOFUS and WAKFU story and creates links with the respective MMOs.
- Islands of WAKFU’s story takes places 10,000 years before DOFUS. The end of the world is nigh and we join the last Eliatrope and her dragon brother as they set off on a desperate quest. Together, they must find the legendary Islands of Wakfu and survive the danger threatening their world.
- 12 unlockable XBLA achievements will provide 12 exclusive items available in the DOFUS MMO, and in the WAKFU MMO later on. This is the first time a link like this has been made between an Xbox LIVE Arcade TM game and an MMO.
• Extraordinary depth for a downloadable game, with 14 levels to discover
• A hybrid between a beat‘em up, a shoot‘em up and an adventure game
• Immersion into a rich, mythological world
• 2 playable characters who complement each other with their skills
• An impressive, original co-op mode
• A dynamic, never-seen-before fighting style
• 2 difficulty modes, including a Goddess mode which makes the game accessible for everyone
• 12 achievements which unlock content in the online game DOFUS
More info soon on the official site: www.wakfu.com, in the Xbox 360 section
To download visuals from the game in a printable version, click here, and here for the web version.
Founded by Anthony Roux, Camille Chafer and Emmanuel Darras in Roubaix in 2001, ANKAMA is an independent group which produces digital creations and employs over 450 people. The international success of the group’s MMORPG DOFUS, with more than 40 million players, enabled ANKAMA to branch out into several related industries: online games, publishing, animations, web design, press, mobile phone services and video games for next gen’ consoles. ANKAMA is also developing WAKFU, a transmedia project composed of animated cartoon, video game, card game and comic book. For more information, visit our official website: www.ankama-group.com
About Xbox 360
Xbox 360 is a premier home entertainment and video game system. This November, with the addition of Kinect, Xbox 360 will forever transform social gaming and entertainment with a whole new way to play— no controller required. Xbox 360 is also home to the best and broadest games as well as the largest on-demand library of music, standard- and high-definition movies, TV shows and digital games, all in one place. The entertainment centre of the living room, Xbox 360 blends unbeatable content with the leading social network of 25 million Xbox LIVE members to create a limitless entertainment experience that can be shared at home or across the globe. More information about Xbox 360 can be found online at: www.xbox.com
About Xbox LIVE
Xbox LIVE connects more than 30 million members across 35 countries to each other and the entertainment they love. Home of more entertainment from one remote than can be found from any device connected to the television, Xbox LIVE is also a unified online social network bringing friends together, no matter where they are— in the living room or across the world. More information and Xbox LIVE membership can be found online at: www.xbox.com/en-us/live
Florence Di Ruocco– ANKAMA