Jack Venture is an Old School Action Platformer where you take on the role as Jack Venture who is trapped inside a dangerous pyramid after a disastrous treasure hunt. Find your way out of the pyramid and collect as much of its hidden treasures as you can while avoiding traps and other dangers.
Jack Venture Was Released Sep 26 2011.
Mandibol Entertainment AB is a one man company led by me, Alexander Wallberg, with Jack Venture as it first release.
So who am I? I am a 26 years old game developer from Sweden who really loves making games and have the big dream to be able to make a living of it. I have studied three years of "Game Development - Design and one year of "Entrepreneur" at the University of Skövde. Before I decided to start my own company I worked with my friends over at Coffee Stains Studios on the award winning pc game "Sanctum" and the iPhone game "I Love Strawberries".
· Jack Venture is inspired by Old School Platformers and features a retro inspired Pixel art style and 8-bit sound and music.
· There is two sets of controls available. One standard touch interface set up with virtual buttons for Left, Right, Jump and Fire. The second features a Tilt control for movement and virtual buttons for Jump and Fire. The tilt control give the player more control over Jacks movement speed.
· 10 Levels with over 40 rooms to explore. Hidden in every level are 50 gold coins and three Ankhs to find and collect.
· Pick up and play, perfect for short breaks or when on the move.
Things I am working on to implement.
· Game Center achievements
· Jack Venture for Android and Chrome.
There is a playable web browser demo available at http://mandibol.com/games/jack-venture using html5.