March 29, 2010
Summary: Jet Set Games,™ led by the creators of the original Command&Conquer games, announced today Highborn,™ the first social strategy game for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
Highborn is a new type of iPhone strategy game that features casual, round-based multiplayer via Facebook. It’s the perfect design for mobile gaming, or for anyone looking for a strategy game that offers an intelligent, tactical experience without the frenetic play of a traditional RTS.
• A Light Touch– Highborn is a casual mobile strategy game that offers a satisfying experience for players, no matter if they spend minutes or hours in the game.
• Time for a New Strategy– Highborn features a unique blend of strategic movement and 3D combat that caters to a variety of gameplay styles and offers a great deal of replayability.
• Multiplay at Your Pace– Round-based gaming enables players to think then act when playing one-on-one against their friends, and allows them to have multiple games going at once.
• Face Your Facebook Friends– Players can challenge their friends to a match, or brag about their achievements in their news feed.
• Many Styles of Play– Players unlock hero characters as they progress through the game, giving them access to different abilities and play styles, along with different strategies to use against their opponents.
Highborn is developed by a team of industry veterans, many of who created the original Command&Conquer products, including Westwood Studios Co-Founder Brett W. Sperry, Rade Stojsavljevic, Adam Isgreen and Joseph Hewitt.
Highborn will be available in Apple’s iTunes App Store for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch this spring.
Attributed to: Brett W. Sperry, CEO of Jet Set Games:
•“Highborn is fast, fun strategy gaming on the go. It’s a whimsical game that’s easy to get into when you have a few moments to play, but still provides a great strategic experience that you can enjoy alone or share with friends.”
Attributed to: Rade Stojsavljevic, President of Jet Set Games:
•“We’re really proud of the way Highborn plays on the iPhone. Trying to force a traditional strategy game into the confines of a portable device is missing the point. We set out to create a lighter strategy gaming experience that you can play at your own pace, but that still delivers meaningful rewards whether you play for five minutes or hours at a time.”
• Product website: http://jetsetgames.net/games/highborn
• Flickr Asset Feed: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jetsetgames
• Delicious Feed of Background Information: http://delicious.com/jetsetgames
• Twitter Feed: http://www.Twitter.com/JetSetGames
• Facebook Fan Page: http://www.Facebook.com/JetSetGames
• Conversations on Twitter: #JetSetGames, #Highborn
• Technorati Tags: iPhone, iPad, games, social
About Jet Set Games, Inc.
Jet Set Games™, Inc. and its subsidiary, Jet Set Apps™, develops products for mobile devices and console platforms with a focus on elegant design and simple control. Jet Set Games was founded in 2008 by video game industry veterans, Brett Sperry, Rade Stojsavljevic and Adam Isgreen and is based in Las Vegas, NV.
Jet Set Games, Jet Set Apps and Highborn are trademarks or registered trademarks of Jet Set Games, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All rights reserved. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.