Bracknell, UK – 21 st January 2013 – Kalypso Media UK is pleased to announce the upcoming release of Airline Tycoon 2 GOLD. This fully comprehensive GOLD edition contains the original legendary tongue-in-cheek economic simulation title Airline Tycoon 2 along with the two bumper DLC packs, Honey Airlines and Falcon Lines. Airline Tycoon 2 GOLD is due for release on Windows PC in the UK and Export Retail on 22 nd February. To celebrate the arrival of Airline Tycoon 2 GOLD Kalypso Media have released a brand new trailer showcasing the fun Airline Tycoon 2 has to offer as well as introducing the all new features available.
Watch the new Airline Tycoon 2 GOLD trailer on YouTube
Airline Tycoon 2 – Gold Edition brings an extensive list of new features to Airline Tycoon 2 - use cargo flights as a new source of income, or see if you can profit from last-minute flight bookings. Open branch offices around the world to increase your control of each territory. Airline Tycoon 2 is the long awaited sequel to the legendary tongue-in-cheek economic simulation that puts players in the role of CEO of an international airline! Airline Tycoon 2 challenges players to run a modern airline, design unique airplanes and grow a run-down carrier into a globally recognised company that passengers practically beg to fly. In the Gold Edition, you will meet some old friends. Italian bon vivant Mario Zucchero and German nit-picker Siggi Sorglos join the cast of this unique game. Airports worldwide are waiting to be explored, but beware– your rivals never rest!
Features of Airline Tycoon 2 GOLD Edition:
- Explore real world airports, from Moscow to New York, with realistic travel conditions and passenger volumes
- Build your ideal fleet of planes – use the in-game editor to craft inexpensive mass-transportation “Greyhounds in the sky” or unique, luxury jets that spoil the elite
- Test your management mettle in a challenging business environment as you schedule flight plans, coordinate arrivals and departures and balance income and expenses – all to grow profit and enhance your airline’s global reputation
- Six different avatars with different strengths
- Sabotage – annoy and slow down your opponents with devious actions. But beware; your adversaries may just pay you back in kind!
- Cargo flights: transport goods all over the world and use cargo as a source of income
- Last minute flights: try to master these extra-tricky challenges in short amounts of time to add more money to your coffers
- Branch offices: open subsidiaries in airports worldwide
About The Kalypso Media Group
Founded in 2006 in Germany by industry veterans Simon Hellwig and Stefan Marcinek, Kalypso Media is a global, independent developer, marketer and publisher of interactive entertainment software with 120 employees world-wide.
Along with Headquarters in Worms, Germany, the company has offices in the United Kingdom and the United States. Kalypso Media also enjoys very strong global digital distribution through its Kalypso Media Digital Ltd. Subsidiary, and owns three development studios – Realmforge Studios GmbH, Gaming Minds Studios GmbH and Noumena Studios GmbH – and works with multiple leading independent developers.
Kalypso Media‘s titles include the critically acclaimed Tropico 4, Sins of a Solar Empire, and Dungeons. Upcoming multi-platform titles include Port Royale 3, Omerta – City of Gangsters, DARK and The Dark Eye – Demonicon along with Legends of Pegasus for PC. Further information about Kalypso Media is available at http://www.kalypsomedia.com.