Leicester, UK – March 20, 2013 – Kalypso Media Digital Ltd. is proud to announce its highly anticipated action-platformer Alien Spidy is available now on Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft for 800 Microsoft Points, and the Apple Mac and Windows® PC via Steam and other digital platforms for $9.99. The PlayStation®Network version will launch soon thereafter.
Developed by Enigma Software, Alien Spidy is a single-player action-platformer that delves deep into the world of a technologically advanced alien spider whose space ship crashes on earth while searching for his lost friend Virgi. Alone on the alien planet, our hero, “Spidy”, sets out to find his friend, but also needs to collect the lost parts of his crashed space ship. Spidy must overcome the many obstacles he encounters by using clever web-swinging mechanics as he explores wildly interactive and colorful environments brought to life with beautifully smooth animations.
“Alien Spidy is the quintessential platformer for the modern gamer,” said Jonathan Hales, managing director, Kalypso Media Digital Ltd. “Gamers of all ages and skill levels can jump in and will instantly feel its charm and appeal, while hardcore gamers and perfectionists will be delighted with the challenges designed within each level, offering progressive difficulty.”
Alien Spidy ’s robust feature list includes:
- Great Controls: Intuitive controls enable players to walk, run, jump, push, swing, and swim.
- Simple Training: Learn the ropes in five training levels.
- 69 Levels, Three Stages: Explore 69 levels across three vast stages (Forest, Pond, Caves).
- Leaderboards: Compete with friends by comparing level-specific and global scores on the online leaderboards.
- Non-Linear Level Structure: After the five Training levels, each stage enables players to choose the levels they want, and in which order they want to play them in.
- Lots of NPCs: Experience a broad, evolving cast of non-playable characters and diverse enemies -- from lazy sloths, needle-shooting hedgehogs, ravenous fish, pesky mosquitos, and lots more -- in each level and setting.
- Collect Orbs and Power-ups: Collect energy orbs and power-ups to progress and defeat enemies.
- Secret Levels: Earn stars to unlock special secret levels.
- Unity3D: Alien Spidy is built on the Unity3D Engine.
# # #
ABOUT THE KALYPSO MEDIA GROUP
Founded in 2006 in Germany by industry veterans Simon Hellwig and Stefan Marcinek, Kalypso Media is a global, independent developer, marketer and publisher of interactive entertainment software with 120 employees world-wide.
Along with Headquarters in Worms, Germany, the company has offices in the United Kingdom and the United States. Kalypso Media also enjoys very strong global digital distribution through its Kalypso Media Digital Ltd. Subsidiary, and owns three development studios – Realmforge Studios GmbH, Gaming Minds Studios GmbH and Noumena Studios GmbH – and works with multiple leading independent developers.
Kalypso Media’s titles include the critically acclaimed Omerta – City of Gangsters, Port Royale 3, Tropico 4, Sins of a Solar Empire, and Dungeons. Upcoming multi-platform titles include DARK and The Dark Eye – Demonicon. Further information about Kalypso Media is available at www.kalypsomedia.com.
ABOUT ENIGMA SOFTWARE PRODUCTIONS
ENIGMA Software Productions is a talented and experienced videogame production studio based in Madrid. With 15 years of experience, ENIGMA is one of the most veteran and reliable companies of the game industry in Spain. With a large track record of releases proving its high versatility in creating original and fresh concepts in different game genres on all major platforms.
Recently the company released the award-winning Legends of War: Patton’s Campaign, a thrilling turn-based strategy war game set in the WWII for PSP TM, and currently being ported to Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Windows PC. For more information about Enigma SP, please visit www.enigmasp.com.
Windows, Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox LIVE are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.
“PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.