Baltimore, MD, March 25, 2010 - Kalypso Media, a global publisher of award-winning PC and console games, today announced that Patrician IV, the sequel to the highly popular economic and trading series, is currently in development for PC DVD and is scheduled for an autumn 2010 release.
Originally released in 1992 for the Amiga and Atari ST, the Patrician brand has sold over 2 million units worldwide, and has earned the respect of strategy gamers the world over. Patrician IV will build upon the already solid reputation of its predecessors with a whole new art style combined with a redesigned and newcomer-friendly trading simulation engine.
In Patrician IV , the player takes on the role of a young merchant in the area of the Baltic and North Sea during the late Middle Age, the zenith of the Hanseatic League and its naval trading empire.
Starting from meagre beginnings as a small stall trader, players must use every skill at their disposal to rise through the merchant ranks and become the most powerful merchant in Europe. The authentic supply and demand-based trading system allows players to grow their business and head out to the high seas to form trading routes with other Hanseatic cities negotiating better prices for the buying and selling of goods.
Patrician IV is being developed by Gaming Minds Studios GmbH, a studio created with members of the original Patrician development team.
• Rise through the merchant ranks using your increasing fame and wealth to shape towns from small villages to glorious capitals during the middle ages
• Thrive based on your ability to prosper in a realistic supply and demand driven economy
• Balance competing interests, trade routes, political turmoil, disease, weather, piracy and greedy royalty to maximise your wealth reputation
• Construct buildings and hire workers, stimulating demand for common and more exotic goods
• Fortify your convoys to hold off pirate attacks or hunt them down in realistic sea battles
• Set up your trading routes along the Baltic and North Sea and visit bustling medieval cities such as London, Novgorod, Cologne and Bergen
• Compete against eight computer-controlled merchants to become the most famous leader of the Hanseatic League
Visit the newly launched official Web site at - http://www.patrician4.com
About Kalypso Media
Founded in 2006 in Germany by industry veterans Simon Hellwig and Stefan Marcinek, Kalypso Media is a global, independent developer, marketer and publisher of interactive entertainment software.
Along with Headquarters in Worms Germany, the company has offices in the United Kingdom and the United States. Kalypso Media also enjoys very strong global digital distribution through its Kalypso Media Digital Ltd. subsidiary, and owns two development studios– Realmforge Studios GmbH and Gaming Minds Studios GmbH , and works with multiple leading independent developers.
Kalypso Media recently released the critically acclaimed best-seller Tropico 3 for Xbox 360 and PC, and will release M.U.D. TV for the PC this spring and DarkStar One– Broken Alliance for Xbox 360 in summer 2010.
# # #
For media enquiries, please contact:
Calico Media Communications
firstname.lastname@example.org ph. 503.342.8067