Bracknell, UK – 14th November 2012 – Kalypso Media is pleased today to announce a new DLC pack for the Windows PC version of Port Royale 3: Pirates & Merchants. The new DLC, “ Dawn of Pirates”, adds a new campaign to the Caribbean empire-building game along with unlocking online leaderboards and an “Ironman” mode. In the new campaign, players will set sail as the scourge of the seas – a bloodthirsty treasure-seeking pirate.
The Dawn of Pirates DLC for Windows PC is available now for £4.49/€4.99 via Steam and the Kalypso Launcher.
Dawn of Pirates offers you a whole new single-player campaign in which you get to stir up trouble in the Caribbean -- as a pirate. Your aim in this DLC is to become the most notorious pirate in the Caribbean by raiding and plundering unsuspecting cities and poorly guarded convoys on the high seas. A new pirate-themed campaign offer players the chance to enjoy Port Royale 3 from the view of one of their most challenging foes! Arrr matey, what are you waiting for? Set sail!
Features of the Dawn of Pirates DLC:
- A new pirate-themed campaign with adjusted interface and gameplay
- Ironman-mode challenges you to play through the campaign without save-points
- An online ranking-system with a global high-score-list for Normal as well as Ironman modes
Following the path of the adventurer will lead the player on a naval conquest where they must gain notoriety through raids, piracy, bounty hunting, plundering and conquering cities as they strive to build their new Caribbean empire.
The route of the trader sees the player using their economic know-how to become the most powerful trading tycoon in the New World by setting up trade routes, building production facilities and developing cities.
In free-play mode, the player crafts a combination of the two paths, creating a unique and challenging scenario on the quest to increase wealth and power.
Features of Port Royale 3: Pirates and Merchants
- Two different single player campaigns: Adventurer and Trader
- Naval battles, raids, plundering and invasions await the Adventurer, while the Trader will develop trade routes and the economy to earn glory, fortune and power
- 16 different ship types, such as powerful Galleons or versatile Frigates
- Organise trade with 60 different cities such as Port-au-Prince or Tortuga
- A comprehensive trade system, with supply and demand dynamically setting the price of goods and wares, like in the real world
More information about Port Royale 3: Pirates and Merchants is available at www.port-royale3.com
About The Kalypso Media Group
Founded in 2006 in Germany by industry veterans Simon Hellwig and Stefan Marcinek, Kalypso Media is a global, independent developer, marketer and publisher of interactive entertainment software with 120 employees world-wide.
Along with Headquarters in Worms, Germany, the company has offices in the United Kingdom and the United States. Kalypso Media also enjoys very strong global digital distribution through its Kalypso Media Digital Ltd. Subsidiary, and owns three development studios – Realmforge Studios GmbH, Gaming Minds Studios GmbH and Noumena Studios GmbH – and works with multiple leading independent developers.
Kalypso Media‘s titles include the critically acclaimed Tropico 4, Sins of a Solar Empire, and Dungeons. Upcoming multi-platform titles include Port Royale 3, Omerta – City of Gangsters, DARK and The Dark Eye – Demonicon. Further information about Kalypso Media is available at http://www.kalypsomedia.com