Seoul, Korea–Friday, 14th August, 2009– NHN revealed today more details about the closed beta schedule for its upcoming MMORPG Karos Online. Players registering at www.karosgame.com can apply for access to the first Closed Beta Weekend Event, which will take place from Friday, August 21st until Sunday, August 23rd. The precise times when the servers will open will be announced on Karos Online official website, www.karosgame.com. There will be more Closed Beta Weekend events, dates to be released later. Access to any Closed Beta Weekend event also grants access to the following ones. The game is scheduled to be released in English during Q4 2009, followed by versions in German and Turkish.
In the first Weekend Event, players can choose from three different character races, with each race offering one class. Classes can specialise twice during the course of the game, a choice of four focused sub-classes. During the first phase of Closed Beta, only the first specialisation will be available.
Races and classes in Karos Online:
• Humans are the dominant race in the world of Asmara. Although their physical forms offer little advantage, Humans are highly adaptable and adept at survival. Their intelligence and cunning sense of diplomacy have enabled them to spread quickly across Asmara, developing a wide variety of languages and cultures.
- <*>The Human Blader is a valiant melee fighter, who specializes in wielding two-handed weapons. He specialises first into a Swordsman or Spearman.*>
• The proud, handsome race of Shadows are easily distinguished by their pale blue skin and fine figures. They come from the remote Eastern Regions of Asmara, and have only recently come to friendlier terms with Humans after centuries of open hostility. The Shadows have a very sophisticated native culture, and their blood carries a unique type of magic, which has passed down through many generations.
- <*>The Shadow Rogue is a deadly master of deception, expert in wielding dual weapons for maximum damage. He can specialise in either Daggers and their critical attacks, becoming an Assassin, or Swords and the art of Evasion, becoming a Duelist.*>
- <*>The Seroine Bowmistress is a skilled expert in ranged combat. She can specialise in either stunning and mesmerising opponents as an Archer, or long-range, high-damage attacks as a Ranger.*>
Two more races and six more classes will be revealed and made accessible to players during the Open Beta and after Commercial Launch.
Karos Online - Stunning 3D Action Fantasy MMORPG
Karos Online ( http://www.karosgame.com) is a brand new free-to-play fantasy MMORPG developed by Galaxy Gate (lead developers of Laghaim and Last Chaos), to be published by NHN. An English release is scheduled for Q4 2009, with German and Turkish versions to follow.
In Karos Online, players take the role of a hero determined to defeat the curse of darkness falling over the world of Asmara and ascend to ultimate glory by becoming the mythical Karos warrior. Through questing, guild clashes and mass PvP, they enter the fight for domination over the world's vital energy source, Fletta. Fletta gems provide the basis for the game's unique and complex alternate progression system; alongside traditional leveling within the game, Fletta energy can be used to increase stats, give buffs, buy resources and enchant items.
With a strong RPG component, wide range of class skills and fantastic visual combat effects, Karos Online offers a rich player experience and an exciting end-game for guilds, including castle sieges and resource control points. There are a variety of dynamic dungeons to explore, with shifting paths and surprises to challenge players as they progress in level. The economy is well-developed, with mining, fishing and crafting elements, and a consignment system for storage and an auction house
Karos Online offers rare graphical quality for its small client size, and will be accessible to a vast range of computers with minimal requirements. Videos demonstrating graphics and gameplay are now available on the official website at www.karosgame.com, and more features will be revealed as the closed beta test gets underway.
Karos Online features
• Breathtaking 3D graphics and combat action effects
• 5 different races and 9 original classes, evolving into 36 different specialized classes
• Dynamic, evolving dungeons with shifting paths and surprises
• Guild wars, territory control and 500 vs 500 castle siege battles
• Alternate Fletta level progression system
• Elaborate mining, fishing and crafting system
• Small client size (700MB) and low minimum PC requirements
• Keyboard and mouse control both available
About NHN Corporation
NHN (KOSDAQKOSPI: 035420) was established in 1999 and is currently the leading multi-national internet company in Korea, providing operating internet search portal and gaming services in Korea, Japan and China. Its products include Naver, Korea’s largest search portal with more than 17 million unique daily visitors, and leading Korean portal Hangame, which brought KRW 366.7 billion (206 million€) in revenue in 2008, a 51% increase versus 2007. For more information, please visit http://www.nhn.com/en.
Games Com Cologne Location
Business Area - Hall 04.1 Stand A026
Entertainment Area - Hall 09.1 Stand A020a