With another 50 entries in Wave 2 of the Killing Floor“Grindhouse” Mapping Contest, the quality has truly astounded us this time. The judging came down to the wire, with the top two maps being separated by the smallest possible amount. After many re-counts, KF-Icebreaker, created by Damien Laurent and Yoann Guilloud takes the grand prize of $10,000, just edging out KF-Departed, created by Jeroen van Wamelen and Jessy De Lannoit. Both are superb maps and the judges have enjoyed playing them!
Our congratulations go out to all the entrants in the contest. Once again, the Killing Floor community has put in a huge effort, creating over 100 maps during the course of the competition. The top 3 maps from Wave 2, along with their prizes, are:
• First Place– KF-Icebreaker by Damien Laurent and Yoann Guilloud wins the $10,000 grand prize. One of the most ambitious, creative, and visually stunning Killing Floor maps entered in the contest, Icebreaker is set on a large icebreaking ship that is pitching and rolling in the middle of a fierce storm.
• Second Place– KF-Departed by Jeroen van Wamelen and Jessy De Lannoit, wins an Nvidia 3D Vision bundle (22" 120Hz Samsung LCD + 3D Vision glasses), plus a G19 keyboard, a G13 advanced gameboard and an MX518 optical gaming mouse, all from Logitech. Departed is a visually impressive level set in an industrial city area outside of London. Featuring hectic gameplay this map plays as good as it looks.
• Third Place– KF-Crash by Michael Hewish and Corey Sine wins a G19 keyboard, a G13 advanced gameboard and an MX518 optical gaming mouse, all from Logitech. Crash is an impressive remake of a classic custom map for the original Killing Floor mod. The map is set in an urban storage facility where your team’s helicopter has crashed.
Here is the full list of runners-up, along with their prizes:
• KF-Suburbia by Pail Peccia and Carson Smith– Logitech G15 keyboard
• KF-RaccoonInternationalAirportSP by James Lovegrove and Allan Scott– Logitech G15 keyboard
• KF-Chthon by Florian Liederbach– Logitech G13 keyboard
• KF-TheDarkestRoads by Justyn Toohill– Logitech MX518 optical gaming mouse
The maps can all be downloaded from ModDB’s Grindhouse webpages here: http://www.moddb.com/games/killing-floor/grindhouse. Finally we’d like to thank contest sponsors Nvidia and Logitech for putting up some great prizes for the entrants.
Killing Floor is currently available on Steam ( http://store.steampowered.com/app/1250) and in stores in North America, Europe and Australia.
About Tripwire Interactive
Based in Roswell, Georgia, Tripwire Interactive is an entertainment software developer and publisher founded in 2005 by the award winning mod team and winners of the“$1,000,000 Make Something Unreal” competition. Released in early 2006, Tripwire Interactive’s debut retail title Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 has achieved both critical and commercial success garnering several awards including“Multiplayer Game of the Year” and“FPS of the Year” for 2006. With Red Orchestra ranking as one of the most played PC Multiplayer games in the world and 400,000 units sold on PC, Tripwire Interactive have proven that with hard work, determination, and great distribution partners, independent game developers can still make a big splash in the games industry. Killing Floor, Tripwire’s second title, jumped straight to the top of the Steam best-seller list and instantly became one of the top-ten most played FPS games in the world. For more information visit Tripwire Interactive’s website at www.tripwireinteractive.com
For PR– screenshot list:
Tripwire Interactive LLC