7th December 2009, Roswell, GA: We are happy to announce that Killing Floor is now available in stores in Australia. The first chain is JB Hi-Fi, across the country. Our thanks to N3V Games, the local distributor in Australia, for this one. MSRP for the retail version is $29.95 (Aussie dollars) and the game is rated MA 15+, for the same version available on Steam or in stores across Europe and North America.
Killing Floor is a Co-op Survival Horror FPS taking place in the devastated cities and countryside of England, after a series of cloning experiments for the military goes horribly wrong. You and your friends are members of the military and police, dropped into these locations with a simple mission: survive long enough to cleanse the area of the failed experiments. The only problem is, these“experiments” aren’t waiting to be taken out– they’re coming for YOU!
• Co-op game mode for up to six players obliterating multiple waves of specimens
• Persistent Perks system, allowing players to convert their in-game achievements into permanent improvements to their character’s skills and abilities
• Over 60 Steam Achievements, including“Dignity for the dead” for killing 10 enemies feeding on dead teammates’ corpses and“Hot Cross Fun” for finishing off 25 burning enemies with a Crossbow.
• Watch those crucial and violent creature deaths in slomo“ZEDtime”, even in multiplayer
• Solo game mode for offline play
• 10 different monster types trying to eat your face off, armed with everything from teeth and claws, through to chainsaws, chainguns and rocket-launchers
• Over 20 weapons for the players to chose from, ranging from knives and fire-axes up to pump shotguns, rifles and a flamethrower. Add in a welder, medical tools and body armor to help the players survive
• 9 official maps included and more than 100 custom maps created to date!
• 14 player characters to chose from (including additional DLC characters available)
• Players choose one of 7 Perks to play with, so they can best balance out a co-op team to survive the horrors
• Open, non-linear play areas: choose when and where to fight– or run; weld doors closed to try and direct the monster horde
• Fully-configurable, allowing players to change things as simple as the difficulty level or number of creature waves, or go so far as to set up their own favorite waves of monsters
• Includes SDK for the creation of new levels and mods
About Tripwire Interactive
Based in Roswell, Georgia, Tripwire Interactive is an entertainment software developer and publisher founded in 2005 by the award winning mod team and winners of the“$1,000,000 Make Something Unreal” competition. Released in early 2006, Tripwire Interactive’s debut retail title Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 has achieved both critical and commercial success garnering several awards including“Multiplayer Game of the Year” and“FPS of the Year” for 2006. With Red Orchestra ranking as one of the most played PC Multiplayer games in the world and 400,000 units sold on PC, Tripwire Interactive have proven that with hard work, determination, and great distribution partners, independent game developers can still make a big splash in the games industry. Killing Floor, Tripwire’s second title, jumped straight to the top of the Steam best-seller list and instantly became one of the top-ten most played FPS games in the world. Following on from the success of self-publishing Killing Floor, Tripwire are now publishing third-party titles in stores in North America, starting with the award-winning Zeno Clash. For more information visit Tripwire Interactive’s website at www.tripwireinteractive.com