Haarlem, The Netherlands– 10 August 2009– Upcoming and ambitious videogame publisher Iceberg Interactive is proud to announce that the highly anticipated Horror FPS Killing Floor is now available in stores all over the UK.
Killing Floor is a Co-op Survival Horror FPS taking place in the devastated cities and countryside of England, after a series of cloning experiments for the military goes horribly wrong. You and your friends are members of the military and police, dropped into these locations with a simple mission: survive long enough to cleanse the area of the failed experiments. The only problem is, these“experiments” aren’t waiting to be taken out– they’re coming for YOU!
Iceberg Interactive CEO Erik Schreuder said:“With the game set in London and typical English countryside locations, as well as featuring refreshingly real English voice overs for the characters, Killing Floor is a shockingly good alternative for the Hollywood style zombie games that have dominated the market so far. Add the very friendly pricing to the mix and this should be the zombie shooter of choice for every Brit.”
To find out more about Killing Floor and to keep up with the latest news on the game, visit www.iceberg-interactive.com
• Co-op game mode for up to six players obliterating multiple waves of specimens• Persistent Perks system, allowing players to convert their in-game achievements into permanent improvements to their character’s skills and abilities
• Over 40 Steam Achievements, including“Dignity for the dead” for killing 10 enemies feeding on dead teammates’ corpses and“Hot Cross Fun” for finishing off 25 burning enemies with a Crossbow.
• Watch those crucial and violent creature deaths in slomo“ZEDtime”, even in multiplayer
• Solo game mode for offline play
• 9 different monster types trying to eat your face off, armed with everything from teeth and claws, through to chainsaws, chainguns and rocket-launchers
• 12+ weapons for the players to chose from, ranging from knives and fire-axes up to pump shotguns, rifles and a flamethrower. Add in a welder, medical tools and body armor to help the players survive
• Players choose which Perks to play with, so they can best balance out a co-op team to survive the horrors
• Open, non-linear play areas: choose when and where to fight– or run; weld doors closed to try and direct the monster horde
• Fully-configurable, allowing players to change things as simple as the difficulty level or number of creature waves, or go so far as to set up their own favorite waves of monsters
• Support for Steam Friends and other Steamworks features
• Includes SDK for the creation of new levels and mods
About Tripwire Interactive
Based in Roswell, Georgia, Tripwire Interactive is an entertainment software company founded in 2005 by the award winning mod team and winners of the“$1,000,000 Make Something Unreal” competition. Released in early 2006, Tripwire Interactive’s debut retail title Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 has achieved both critical and commercial success garnering several awards including“Multiplayer Game of the Year” and“FPS of the Year” for 2006. With Red Orchestra ranking as one of the most played PC Multiplayer games in the world and 400,000 units sold on PC , Tripwire Interactive have proven that with hard work, determination, and great distribution partners, independent game developers can still make a big splash in the games industry. Tripwire’s second title Killing Floor jumped straight to the top of the Steam best-seller list and instantly became one of the top-ten most played FPS games in the world. For more information visit Tripwire Interactive’s website at www.tripwireinteractive.com
About Iceberg Interactive
Iceberg Interactive is a brand new videogame publisher set to make a splash in the interactive entertainment industry. Staffed with industry veterans and with offices in key locations around the world, Iceberg Interactive is a new alternative for developers looking to bring their products to a worldwide audience. Iceberg Interactive's portfolio of products includes titles for both the PC and console platforms, with a special focus on the casual gamer and specialty niche products. This is reflected in our launch line-up which includes simulators, tycoon, adventure, action and brain-training games.
When it comes to games….don’t just play… play it cool.