Konami has unveiled new and exciting details and assets of the latest installment in the Lost in Blue series, Lost in Blue: Shipwrecked. Developed exclusively for the Nintendo WiiTM, Lost in Blue: Shipwrecked is an adventure game that puts players in the role of a group of survivors who find themselves stranded on a mysterious island filled with lush forests, ancient ruins, and an active volcano. Fighting the elements to stay alive, players can explore the island, gather food and hunt dangerous wildlife. Colorful 3D graphics make the island environment, weather systems, and various items more realistic than ever, and dependable pets help gather items and also provide added entertainment by playing music or dancing throughout the game.
As the first next-gen title in the series, Lost in Blue: Shipwrecked takes full advantage of the Wii RemoteTM and Nunchuk controls. Immersing the player in a survival adventure like never before, the title also allows gamers to realistically practice survival tasks with more than 30 mini-games including fishing, carpentry, fire-making and other all-new cooperative games. Here are more details uncovering the fun and the mystery of Lost in Blue: Shipwrecked.
For new screenshots of Lost in Blue: Shipwrecked, please visit our
download/media website at: http://www.konami-data.com/pr/index.php.
01. Cast of Lost in Blue: Shipwrecked
Male, Age 16
The son of a company president, spoiled and innocent, but also smart, direct and honest. Has a pet monkey named Hobo.
Female, Age 17
A girl who ran away from home to work on a ship. Level-headed, but also strong-willed, and is sometimes harsh with others. Has a pet dog named Max.
Male, Age 21
Despite his rugged appearance, he's always relaxed with a smile on his face. He claims that he was on the luxury liner. But is he hiding something?
Female, Age 20
A slender beauty, but actually quite selfish and short-tempered. She claims that she was on the luxury liner. But is she hiding something?
Aidan's pet monkey Hobo is good at climbing trees and fetching things in hard-to-reach places.
Lucy's pet dog Max is good at digging holes and finding treasures in the ground.
02. The Keys to Staying Alive
There are four main stats to keep track of as you play through the game.
• This reflects the character's life force, and is the most important statistic.
• Decreases when damage is taken during a mini-game, or when stamina or water is at 0.
• Recovered by sleeping at a base camp.
• The game is over is the main character or partner's health reaches 0.
• Reflects the level of water in the character's body.
• Decreases as time passes.
• Recovered by drinking water from rivers or juicy foods.
• At 0, the character becomes dehydated and can't eat foods that don't contain water in them.
• Reflects the character's fullness.
• Decreases as time passes.
• Recovered by eating food.
• At 0, the character has an empty stomach and cannot sleep at base camps.
• Reflects the character's energy.
• Decreases as time passes, or when performing certain actions.
• Recovered by sleeping at base camps or resting.
• At 10 or below, the character cannot run. At 0, health begins to decrease.
03. About the Island and its Inhabitants
Not much is known about the island. The user isn't given any geographic location, although all of them were passengers on a cruise liner that sank at the beginning of the game. Very little is known about the island; the goal is to explore it and discover its secrets.
The animals on the island vary depending on what time of day it is and the weather. Here's are just a few of the animals in the game, but be sure to explore the island thoroughly, as some of these only come out when the conditions are right; Dolphins, White Sharks, Tarantulas, Vipers, Frogs, Lizards, Crocodiles, Bats, Pigeons, Chickens, Ducks, Owls, Goats, Deer, Tigers, Gorillas and more!
04. Making Things
As you explore the island, you can pick up a variety of objects that will
aid you in surviving including items such as herbs and fruits to wood and stone. Here's apartial list of what you can find and utilize; Logs, Bamboo, Tree Vines, Pebbles, Rocks, Shells, Bones, Wool, Feathers and Animal Skins as well. Combining the right materials will enable you to create some very useful items including bows and spears, knives and axes, fishing rods, animal traps, even instruments, such as drums, flutes, maracas and more.
Finding the right fruits and vegetables is key to surviving. Mushrooms, herbs, bamboo shoots, coconuts, papaya, guavas and a ton more can be found. Combining the right herbs with the right island fruits and vegetables can produce some great results when cooking meals.
Lost in Blue: Shipwrecked is rated "E 10+" by the ESRB and will be available for the Nintendo WiiTM on September 23rd, 2008 in North America. For more information, please visit www.konami.com.