Bracknell, UK, 26 th April 2011 - Set sail for adventure me hearties, as today, Kalypso Media is making available an adventurous new trailer for their swashbuckling-themed empire-building game , Port Royale 3: Pirates and Merchants. The new trailer features a variety of gameplay elements from the multiplatform game; including naval battles, goods trading and more. Kalypso will release Port Royale 3: Pirates and Merchants this summer.
View the trailer on YouTube
In Port Royale 3: Pirates and Merchants, players will embark upon an epic adventure through the Caribbean during the turbulent 17th century where the naval powers of Spain, England, France and the Netherlands all fight for supremacy in the colonies. Players take on the role of a young captain trying to build his fortune and reputation in the new world colonies. The campaign consists of two different paths for the young protagonist to follow: adventurer and trader.
Following the path of the adventurer will lead the player on a naval conquest where they must gain notoriety through raids, piracy, bounty hunting, plundering and conquering cities as they strive to build their new Caribbean empire.
The route of the trader sees the player using their economic know-how to become the most powerful trading tycoon in the New World by setting up trade routes, building production facilities and developing cites.
In free-play mode, the player crafts a combination of the two paths, creating a unique and challenging scenario on the path to increase wealth and power.
Features of Port Royale 3 Pirates and Merchants:
- Two different single player campaigns: Adventurer and Trader
- Naval battles, raids, plundering and invasions await the Adventurer, while the Trader will develop trade routes and the economy to earn glory, fortune and power
- 16 different ship types, such as powerful Galleons or versatile Frigates
- Organize trade with 60 different cities such as Port-au-Prince or Tortuga
- A comprehensive trade system, with supply and demand dynamically setting the price of goods and wares, like in the real world
More information about Port Royale 3: Pirates and Merchants is available at www.port-royale3.com.