New York, NY - MARCH 15, 2012 – 345 Games announced today that “ Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat ” is coming to North American retailers everywhere on April 17. The disc-based game/TV show hybrid - based on the successful multi-platform Spike TV series “ Deadliest Warrior,” which pits two of the most feared warriors civilization has ever known against each other in a battle to the death - will be available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. Also, gamers who preorder “Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat” at GameStop before April 17 will receive an exclusive DVD featuring never-before-released episodes of the hit show.
“Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat” combines the wildly popular downloadable console games, “Deadliest Warrior: The Game” and “Deadliest Warrior: Legends ,” in addition to all downloadable content packs, an exclusive new level, 30 new weapons and exclusive TV show content. Fans of the show will be treated to never-before-released episodes from all three seasons.
Notable features include:
- The brand new “Graveyard” arena exclusive to “ Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat”
- 30 new weapons, including a “Lockbar Axe” for William Wallace, the “Monk’s Spade” for Sun Tzu and a “Tsonga Battle Axe” for Shaka Zulu
- Both digital titles and all DLC included for only $29.99
- Cross-play with consumers of the original digitally-distributed titles
- Never-before-released episodes of the show exclusive to “ Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat”
- Preorder “ Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat” and receive the GameStop exclusive DVD featuring two full episodes of the TV series, including one never before released on DVD!
ABOUT 345 GAMES
345 Games, the video game arm of COMEDY CENTRAL and Spike TV, develops products based on the MTV Networks Entertainment Group’s franchises and brands. The first two titles to be released under this label included COMEDY CENTRAL’s hit animated show “Ugly Americans” and Spike TV’s successful multi-platform series “Deadliest Warrior.”
ABOUT DEADLIEST WARRIOR
Each week on Spike TV’s “Deadliest Warrior,” episodes pit two of the most feared warriors civilization has ever known against each other. Along with the use of 21st century science and the latest in CGI technology, each episode enlists warrior-specific world-class fighters and experts to provide insight into what makes these combatants tick, analyzing every facet of their unique skills of destruction, culminating in a head-to-head final fight between two legends of the battlefield that will produce the deadliest warrior. Highly-lauded showdowns include: Joan of Arc vs. William the Conqueror, Saddam Hussein vs. Pol Pot, Hannibal vs. Genghis Khan, US Army Rangers vs. North Korean Special Operations Force. Check out “Deadliest Warrior” on Facebook