LONDON – 22 August, 2012 – Turn 10 Studios and Playground Games, creators of the upcoming “Forza Horizon” for Xbox 360, have announced details on the VIP membership programme for “Forza Horizon.” Like a backstage pass to the summer’s hottest musical acts, the “Forza Horizon” VIP programme is an exclusive ticket to new levels of content, excitement, and access in this autumn’s biggest racing game, “Forza Horizon.” VIP membership is included as part of the Limited Collector’s Edition of “Forza Horizon” and includes the following exclusive content:
· 2012 Audi R8 GT Spyder -- Going topless in an all-wheel drive super car might be illegal in some places, but just try and catch this culprit. The R8 GT Spyder has enough power and traction to leave nothing but the brief memory of its taillights in the mind of anyone trying to match its pace.
· 2011 Koenigsegg Agera -- The Agera is one of the most interesting of the current breed of hypercar. It certainly has the requisite manic power numbers courtesy of a 940 horsepower twin-turbo 5-litre V8. With a top speed of greater than 260 mph and a sub-three-second 0-60 mph time, no one can deny its performance.
· 2011 Lamborghini Sesto Elemento -- Faceted like a cut diamond, there’s no mistaking the Sesto Elemento for anything else on the road—even other Lamborghinis. Sesto elemento is Italian for “sixth element”; aka carbon, a not-so-subtle hint that the body is composed entirely of carbon fibre.
· 2012 Pagani Huayra -- When one thinks of Pagani cars, it’s natural to think of craftsmanship, performance, and a platonic ideal of automotive beauty. The Huayra has been a long time in the making as designer Horacio Pagani began work on the car in 2003. But, like all works of art—automotive or otherwise—true beauty takes time.
2011 RUF Rt 12 R -- Starting with the traditional 911 body-in-white, RUF completely rebuilds or replaces the rest of the componentry, and the result is stunning—730 horsepower and 693 ft-lbs. of torque, enough to rival all but the most extreme supercars. While the R can do things that few cars can equal, it does so precisely and without drama; a skilled driver can use this car as a finely tuned racing tool.
In addition, “Forza Horizon” VIP members will receive the following benefits:
· Special recognition in the community as a VIP member with a VIP icon affixed to their Gamertag in “Forza Horizon”
· VIP Rivals Mode Events: VIP members will have access to exclusive Rivals Mode events in “Forza Horizon”
· Exclusive in-game gifts from the Forza Motorsport community team
· Expanded Storefront: VIP members receive extra slots for things like photos, liveries, videos, etc.
· Expanded MyForza Gallery Space: VIP’s can store an additional two videos and/or Big Shot images in their MyForza Gallery on www.forzamotorsport.net
“Forza Horizon” Limited Collector’s Edition is Instant VIP: You can get your VIP membership by purchasing the Limited Collector’s Edition of “Forza Horizon” (£59.99 ERP), exclusively from GAME and gamestation now, with the game launching on 26 October. “Forza Horizon” Limited Collector’s Edition owners will also receive these benefits:
· Custom-designed Steelbook™ packaging
· Horizon Festival ticket to access exclusive Xbox LIVE content
· Day 1 Add-on Pack with five cars (more details to come soon)
· Horizon Accelerator Token Pack
· Five exclusive LCE Car Pack liveries (more details to come soon)
Forza Horizon Car Roster Reveal: Forza fans should be on the lookout this week for the beginning of the “Forza Horizon” car roster reveal. Beginning on Thursday 23 August, Turn 10 Studios will be revealing new “Forza Horizon” cars on a daily basis, showcasing all of the incredible vehicles players will be able to collect, customise, and drive in the game. By following the official “Forza Motorsport” Twitter and Facebook feeds, fans will get daily updates on new car announcements, along with daily screenshots from the game and the chance to win “Forza Horizon” prizes.
Where Cars Belong: “Forza Horizon” will be available in the UK on 26 October in a Limited Collector’s Edition (£59.99 ERP) and a Standard Edition (£49.99 ERP), both available for pre-order now. The game is rated PEGI 12.
For more information Forza Horizon:
Web site: www.forzamotorsport.net
For specialist media enquiries, please contact:
Dominic Carey / 01189 095334 / firstname.lastname@example.org
For consumer media enquiries, please contact:
Baz Singh / 020 3047 4024 / email@example.com
You can follow us on Twitter @tweetbox360.
About Xbox 360
Xbox 360 is a premier home entertainment and video game system. With the addition of Kinect, Xbox 360 will forever transform social gaming and entertainment with a whole new way to play — no controller required. Xbox 360 is also home to the best and broadest games as well as the largest on demand library of music, standard and high definition movies, TV shows and digital games, all in one place. The entertainment centre of the living room, Xbox 360 blends unbeatable content with a network of nearly 40 million Xbox LIVE members to create a limitless entertainment experience that can be shared at home or across the globe. More information about Xbox 360 can be found online at http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/.
About Xbox LIVE
Xbox LIVE is the online entertainment service for your Xbox 360, connecting you to an ever expanding world of games, movies, music, sports and social entertainment. Xbox LIVE lets you play the best games, enjoy the largest on demand library on any console, listen to millions of songs and share the fun with friends around the world. Xbox LIVE is now also available on Windows Phone 7 putting the power of connected entertainment in the palm of your hand. Xbox LIVE is the exclusive home of controller free online entertainment through Kinect, making your Xbox 360 more intuitive and interactive than ever before. With an active community of nearly 40 million people across 35 countries, Xbox LIVE provides you with instant access to the entertainment you want, shared with the people you care about. More information about Xbox LIVE can be found online at http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/live.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
Note to editors: For more information, news and perspectives from Microsoft, please visit the Microsoft News Centre at http://www.microsoft.com/news. Web links, telephone numbers and titles were correct at time of publication, but may have changed. For additional assistance, journalists and analysts may contact Microsoft’s Rapid Response Team or other appropriate contacts listed at http://www.microsoft.com/news/contactpr.mspx