LONDON – 6 th December, 2011 – The newest “Forza Motorsport 4” Car Pack is available for download starting today on Xbox LIVE Marketplace, adding another touch of polish to fans’ garages with a diverse collection of classic and modern track stars. Available for 560 Microsoft Points, the pack meshes an assortment of classic coupes from leading manufacturers like Maserati and Pontiac with modern day monster machines like the 2011 Suzuki #1 Monster Sport SX4, which packs nearly 900 horsepower and was built specifically to climb treacherous hills at record speeds.
The IGN Car Pack features 10 vehicles prepped and polished for the avid car aficionado:
· 2011 Suzuki #1 Monster Sport SX4: The Suzuki SX4 Monster Sport is a beast of a machine, delivering raw fury through a 3.1-litre twin-turbocharged V6 which boasts a blistering 897 horsepower.
· 2011 Mazda RX-8 R3: The last production model of the RX-8 features a 1.3 litre, 232 horsepower engine which flexes a 0-60 time around seven seconds.
· 2011 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor: The visual options available for the SVT Raptor are as menacing as its name, and a treat for fans of the classic pickup and customisation.
· 1967 Chevrolet Chevelle SS-396: While the three-speed automatic was standard, this special model features the four-speed, 375 horsepower V8, which was a dealer-installed conversion fitted into just a few hundred of the SS-396 models.
· 1977 Ford Escort RS1800: With a storied history in rallying and a body style that’s ripe for race replica paints, this Escort has the legendary Cosworth 1.8L BDA engine which makes it lauded by Ford collectors in real life.
· 1981 Volkswagen Scirocco S: Like other Volkswagen models of its era, the Scirocco derives its name from the wind; in this case, the Mediterranean Sirocco wind, which originates in the Sahara and can reach hurricane speeds in southern Europe.
· 1986 Alfa Romeo Spider Quadrifoglio Verde: Quadrifoglio Verde translates literally to “Green Fourleaf Clover” and while it’s undetermined whether the car is lucky, driving one of these in real life is as rare as its name. With classic sporty lines and a zippy 115 horsepower 2.0L engine, the Spider Quadrifoglio Verde demands attention.
· 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT: This little wonder is largely considered to be the best in the Fiero line; it also is the last Fiero produced. The Fiero may be gone but it’s still fondly remembered; a quick spin in “Forza Motorsport 4” is all the proof you’ll need to know why.
· 2010 Maserati GranTurismo MC GT4: With its familiar Maserati oval grill and a bold logo emblazoned on the side, the 2010 Maserati GranTurismo MC GT4 makes its presence known straight away. This 433 horsepower machine is bent on circuit race domination and reaches serious speed in the straight lines.
· 1957 Maserati 300 S: As the main challenger to Ferraris in the classic era of the World Sportscar Championships, legendary drivers like Juan-Manuel Fangio, Carroll Shelby and Stirling Moss had access to its four-speed manual gear box and 3.0L 260 horsepower engine.
Stay Up To Speed With the “Forza Motorsport 4” Season Pass: The “Forza Motorsport 4” Season Pass is your action-packed ticket to six game add-on packs as they’re released through the next year. Players can purchase the Season Pass on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace and at participating retailers for only 2,400 Microsoft points. The “Forza Motorsport 4” Season Pass is redeemable for six game add-on packs, representing a 30 percent overall savings as compared to purchasing the content separately. New purchasers will also receive all previously released game add-on content and the IGN Car Pack.
Hit the Road Today: “Forza Motorsport 4” is available in a Standard Edition (£49.99 at all participating retailers) and Limited Collector’s Edition (£59.99 available from GAME and Gamestation only). The Limited Collector’s Edition offers exclusive content, including the “American Muscle” Car Pack, “Launch Bonus” Car Pack and “VIP” Car Pack, other downloadable content and VIP membership status.