London, 6th May -“Gears of War 2,” the entertainment blockbuster of 2008, has surpassed 5 million copies sold worldwide, and the overall“Gears of War” franchise unit sales have eclipsed the 11 million unit mark. The momentum doesn’t stop there– to commemorate these milestones, Microsoft Game Studios and Epic Games will unleash the“Gears of War 2: All Fronts Collection,” a value-packed compilation that combines all previous“Gears of War 2” Game Add-ons with brand new multiplayer and campaign content. Available only at retail, the new collection invades store shelves worldwide on 28th July for£14.99.
Included in the“Gears of War 2: All Fronts Collection” is the“Gears of War 2: Dark Corners” Game Add-on, which features seven new multiplayer maps and a deleted campaign chapter titled“Road to Ruin.” In“Road to Ruin,” Marcus and Dom return to the Locust Hollow in a scene that can be played two ways, guns blazing or in all-new stealth mode.
The seven new multiplayer maps in the“Gears of War 2: Dark Corners” Game Add-on are:
• Allfathers Garden: Honor the sacred grounds of the Coalition founders in this explosive map, where powerful weapons catalyze fast and furious action at this COG landmark.
• Memorial: Set near the Eternal Flame, which pays tribute to the fallen soldiers on the battlefield, a hard-fought battle ensues at the Tomb of Unknowns. Putting their flank formation and evasive skills to the test, players will fight to control the Boomshot.
• Sanctuary: Once a peaceful ground for reflection and remembrance, all that remains of the Sanctuary is the chill of death. Feast your eyes on the arsenal of weapons available as you make your way through the tight paths and blind corners of the Locust-damaged temple corridors.
• War Machine: In the abandoned train station that once served as a hub for travel, players will need to master the Longshot, Mulcher and Boomshot weapons to advance the fight while evading fire from the platforms above.
• Highway: Take the fight deep into the Locust Hollow in the complex passages of this underground highway system brimming with enemy vermin. Stick together, separate the enemy and have an exit strategy ready or it’ll be a one-way trip.
• Way Station: Sitting in limbo between death and“processing” are Locust way stations filled with fallen COG soldiers. Tread lightly and practice patience as it’s better to sacrifice firepower for stealth while navigating this minefield of hidden grenades.
• Nowhere: Set in the middle of what was once a destination for weary desert travellers, the land is now barren and devoid of life. Pick off your enemies with the Longshot sniper rifle and make your way to the stairwell with a well-fortified team during this intense firefight.
In addition to the new content, the“Gears of War 2: All Fronts Collection” also contains every“Gears of War 2” Game Add-on released to date, including the classic“Flashback” Map Pack, volatile“Combustible” Map Pack and the winter-themed“Snowblind” Map Pack. Also included is an introduction to“Road to Ruin” from Epic Games design director Cliff Bleszinski, along with a custom Xbox LIVE theme, collectible“Gears of War 2” poster and a strategy guide. Containing over 3,600 Microsoft Points worth of content, the“Gears of War 2: All Fronts Collection” is an incredible value at£14.99.
Already enjoying the previously released“Gears of War 2” collection of map packs? Available day-and-date with“Gears of War 2: All Fronts Collection” via download from Xbox LIVE Marketplace, the“Dark Corners” Game Add-on will be available separately for 1,600 MS Points.
“Gears of War 2” is available exclusively on Xbox 360 and is rated by PEGI 16+. For more information about“Gears of War 2,” visit GearsofWar.com. For access to screenshots from“Gears of War 2: All Fronts Collection,” visit the Edelman FTP.
For press information, please contact:
Nik Thakkar / 020 3047 4087 / email@example.com
Georgina Edwards / 020 3047 4057 / firstname.lastname@example.org
About Xbox LIVE
Xbox LIVE connects more than 17 million members across 26 countries to each other and the entertainment they love. Home of more content from one remote than can be found from any device connected to the television, Xbox LIVE is also a unified online social network bringing friends together, no matter where they are— in the living room or across the world. More information can be found online at http://www.xbox.com/en-us/live.
About Xbox 360
Xbox 360 is a premier video game and entertainment system. It is home to the best and broadest games plus more standard and high-definition movies on demand than any other device connected to the TV. The digital centre of the living room, Xbox 360 blends unbeatable content, including personal pictures and music, with a unified online social network to create a limitless entertainment experience that can be shared at home or across the globe. More information can be found online at http://www.xbox.com/xbox360.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq“MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.