From 13th September to 4th October 2008, PlayStation® will be hosting a series of free creative workshops to celebrate the pre-launch of LittleBigPlanet in the Piccadilly Plaza, Manchester. The family-friendly workshops will also offer the first sneak previews of the year’s most talked about community-based videogame.
The pop-up space will be split into three areas inspired by the game for the ultimate LittleBigPlanet experience. The Play and Create sampling areas will give visitors the chance to be one of the first in the country to create levels in the game. Whilst in the LittleBigPlanet Creative Cupboard, the arts and crafts workshops will help to bring your game creations to life. The space will also host an exhibition by local artists Chris Drury, Jonny Dub (Sketch City), Luke Drodz throughout the two weeks.
• Creative Arts&Crafts workshops - create real world versions of in-game elements using craft materials including customised SackBoys, badges and designs to be judged in in-store competitions
• Mad Science workshops– get hands on with educational experiments and see how real world physics work in the game as SackBoy experiences physics, fire and electricity in his LittleBigPlanet adventures
• Adult workshops - graphic design workshop hosted by the founders of the social crafting phenomenon, Craft Mafia
• Sunday Sessions - Sunday chill out space featuring live entertainment, music and arts and crafts on 14th and 28th September 2008
• Family Day - Sunday family themed activities featuring entertainment, games and arts and crafts on 21st September 2008
• Super User Tutorials– book in some time with one of our LittleBigPlanet experts for an exclusive one-on-one demonstration and the chance to be one of the first in the UK to play the game
You can book times at the LittleBigPlanet workshop simply by popping into the store.
Dates: 13th September– 4th October
Opening Times: Mon - Sun 10am– 6pm
Adult workshops 18th and 25th September 7 -10pm
Location: Piccadilly Plaza, City Tower, Unit E2B, Manchester, M1 4BD
For further information please contact:
Tel: + 44 20 7100 7100 Fax: + 44 20 7100 7171
Notes to editors–
About Little Big Planet
Developed by Media Molecule, LittleBigPlanet™ is a new PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) computer entertainment system community-based game with a hugely innovative concept behind it. Players meet on a blue and green planet scattered with individual plots– and use their character’s amazing abilities to play, create and share what they build with other gamers throughout the world via PLAYSTATION®Network.
The LittleBigPlanet experience starts with players learning about their character’s powers to interact physically with the environment. There are places to explore, creative resources to collect and puzzles to solve– all requiring a combination of brains and collaborative teamwork. As soon as players begin their creative skills will grow and they will soon be ready to start creating and modifying their surroundings– the first step to sharing them with the whole community.
Characters have the power to move anything in this glued and stitched-together 3D landscape; they have the power to design, shape and build both objects and entire locations for others to view and play. There’s no complicated level editor; all of these skills can be learned by simply playing the game. Creativity is part of the gameplay experience and playing is part of the creative experience. Players can make their world as open or as secretive to explore as they like. When it’s ready, they can invite anyone within the LittleBigPlanet community to come and explore their patch– or can go and explore everybody else’s.
About Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE), based in London, is responsible for the distribution, marketing and sales of PLAYSTATION®3, PlayStation®2 and PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) software and hardware in 102 territories across Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Oceania. SCEE also develops, publishes, markets and distributes entertainment software for these formats, and manages the third party licensing programs for the formats in these territories.
"PlayStation", "PLAYSTATION" and "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks and“PS3” is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
LittleBigPlanet©2007 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. Published by Sony Computer Entertainment America. Developed by Media Molecule. LittleBigPlanet is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. All rights reserved.
Official biographies for Chris Drury, Jonny Dub (Sketch City) and Luke Drodz are available on request.