Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment America
Developer: Media Molecule Ltd
Platform: PlayStation®3 (PS3™) Computer Entertainment System
Genre: Creative Gaming
Players: 1-4 Players online and/or offline
Release Date: September 8, 2009
Rating:“E” for Everyone
Since its launch in October 2008, LittleBigPlanet™ has been widely praised and critically acclaimed with more than 80 industry awards worldwide, 15 of which have been for Game of the Year categories. To celebrate these achievements, the Game of the Year edition features LittleBigPlanet’s award winning“Play, Create, and Share” gameplay experience with 18 never-before-seen bonus levels created by LittleBigPlanet fans from around the world. These 18 amateur level designers were hand-picked by developer Media Molecule.
The LittleBigPlanet Game of the Year edition will also include seven free downloadable content packs to expand SackBoy’s wardrobe, deliver new action packed gameplay, and offer a larger variety of“Create” materials. In addition, limited quantities of the game will include a PlayStation Network voucher code to download the upcoming ModNation™ Racers online beta. ModNation Racers is PlayStation’s newest“Play, Create, and Share” experience, offering a classic kart racing game with a creative twist.
Developed exclusively for the PlayStation®3 (PS3™) system by Media Molecule, LittleBigPlanet is a community-based game that allows players to“Play, Create, and Share.” The experience starts with players customizing SackBoy™, the loveable main character on LittleBigPlanet. From there, players learn how SackBoy interacts physically with the surrounding environment in Story Mode. Players are tasked with making their way across the LittleBigPlanet to help find missing characters, their creations, and the sneaky culprit responsible for their disappearance. While discovering all the weird, wonderful, and colorful landscapes tended by the“Creator Curators,” players will solve puzzles and collect items that can be used to create levels. In this stylish and stitched-together 3D craft material world, there is fun to be had for all ages, tastes, and player types. On LittleBigPlanet there are developer and user-generated levels to explore and Play, a huge host of materials, tools, stickers, and more to Create, and a robust set of online features for the community to Share with each other via PlayStation®Network.
• 18 NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN LEVELS CREATED BY THE FANS– Each creator was hand picked by developer Media Molecule based on previous levels that these enthusiasts created and shared online. Once identified, all 18 consumers were commissioned to design a completely new environment for the LittleBigPlanet world, allowing each fan to become an amateur video game developer. All bonus levels are readily available to consumers by selecting the "Bonus Level" in-game option.
• 7 COSTUME&LEVEL PACKS– Each content pack provides a mix of goodies to expand SackBoy’s wardrobe, deliver new action packed gameplay, and offer a larger variety of“Create” materials. These Packs include Metal Gear Solid Level Pack– featuring the“Paintinator” and six action-packed levels ($5.99), Metal Gear Solid Costumes ($5.99), Monsters Costumes ($2.99), Monsters Pack ($3.99), History Costumes ($2.99), History Pack ($3.99), and Animals Costumes ($2.99). All packs are priced as on the PlayStation®Store.
• ACCESS TO MODNATION RACERS ONLINE BETA– Get a sneak peek at PlayStation’s newest“Play, Create, Share” experience– ModNation Racers. Limited quantities of the LittleBigPlanet Game of the Year edition will include a PlayStation Network voucher code to download the upcoming online beta.
• PLAY, CREATE, SHARE– LittleBigPlanet allows players to not only play ready-made in-game levels, but to also create their own game levels and share them with others across the world via the PlayStation Network.
• CUSTOMIZED EXPERINCE– Whether the player is a fashion designer, an architect, or aspiring video game developer, they can show their talents off with the easy-to-use creation tools to build unique levels that can be used as a presentation, an in-game fashion show, a photo album, or a creative homage to your pet. The power of creation is firmly in the player’s hands.
• GET CREATIVE– Players will have infinite amounts of stickers, decorations, materials (glass, metal, sponge, polystyrene, cardboard, and rubber), bolts (springs, motor, and wobble bolts), switches, and rods to choose from to create their unique game levels for fun or competitive gameplay.
• PERSONALIZING YOUR LEVELS– Using the Playstation®Eye, players can place their very own images within the levels for added personalization using the sticker and decorations tool.
• ENDLESS GAMING EXPERIENCE– With more than 1,250,000 user generated levels published on the PlayStation Network, fans will never run out of exciting environments to explore.
• ONLINE MULTI-PLAYER MODE– Players can make Sack-buddies with other players across the world (also known as“Happy Gadders”) to discover LittleBigPlanet together while they“Play, Create, and Share” online.
• SOCIAL NETWORKING TOOLS– When players want to play published levels, they can search for levels that suit their skill and taste by player ratings, tags like“Brilliant,”“Funny,”“Challenging,” or they can read through player comments.
• CHAT FUNCTIONALITY– Players are able to commute with the lovable SackBoy’s emotes (happy, angry, etc), but additionally, there is in-game chat support to aid collaborative efforts…or to increase the level of competition!
• TROPHY SUPPORT– LittleBigPlanet supports a host of fun and challenging trophies to collect along the way.
For more information, please contact:
Eric Levine Scott Goryl
# # #
PlayStation”,“PLAYSTATION”,“PSP”,“PS one” and the PlayStation logo are registered trademarks and“PS3” is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.
Developed by Media Molecule. LittleBigPlanet is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. All rights reserved.
SackBoy is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.
ModNation is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.© 2009 Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.