Liverpool Football Club has today announced a new three-year partnership with Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) that will make EA SPORTS TM the Club’s Official Football Video Gaming Partner commencing from the start of the 2013/14 Barclays Premier League season.
Through the partnership, EA SPORTS will give Liverpool FC fans the opportunity to play FIFA 14 at Anfield for selected fixtures throughout the season. EA SPORTS Goal of the Month will also offer fans the chance to upload their best FIFA 14 goals for a chance to win great prizes all season long.
Billy Hogan, Chief Commercial Officer, Liverpool FC, said: “We are thrilled to have EA SPORTS, one of the world’s leading sports entertainment brands, as our new partner. We know that so many of our Liverpool family, including fans and players, play EA SPORTS FIFA regularly so this new partnership will help bring the Club closer to our fans in innovative new ways.”
Jamie McKinlay, VP Marketing, EA SPORTS added, “We have over half a million registered LFC fans playing FIFA 13 and they all want to see authentic representation of their favourite Liverpool players in FIFA 14. We’re looking forward to delivering that authenticity, as well as a wide range of new and engaging initiatives for this historic club and its fans.”
EA SPORTS has also captured 360 degree 3D digital head scan images of the Liverpool FC team, ensuring stunning accurate visuals of players including Steven Gerrard, Daniel Sturridge and Philippe Coutinho, which will be featured in FIFA 14 when it releases on September 27 th. FIFA 14 will be available on the Xbox 360® games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, PC and other plaforms in the UK, as well as later this year on Xbox One®, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PlayStation®4.
A behind-the-scenes video giving Liverpool FC fans the opportunity to see their favourite players during the head scan event is available to embed via the link below:
Liverpool FC fans will also have access to a free download of a special FIFA 14 cover featuring three of the Kop’s favourite players. EA SPORTS will create exciting LFC content throughout the season, such as match simulations, wallpapers and behind-the-scenes images of a FIFA 14 pro-player tournament to see whether anyone can dethrone Jose Enrique as the “FIFA King of Anfield.”
- ENDS -
For more information contact:
Liverpool FC PR Office
Tel: +44 151 432 5686, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on FIFA 14 contact:
EA SPORTS PR Manager
Tel: +44 1483 463540, Email: email@example.com
Notes to Editors:
Liverpool Football Club
- Founded in 1892, Liverpool FC is one of the world’s most historic and famous football clubs having won 18 League Titles, seven FA Cups, eight League Cups, five European Cups, three UEFA Cups, three European Super Cups and 15 Charity Shields
- As a socially responsible business, Liverpool FC is proud of its heritage and plays a proactive role in its communities managing over 20 projects all-year round in education, social inclusion, health and sports development. Its contribution was recognised by the award of a Community Mark from Business In The Community
- Liverpool FC is a global brand and works with leading edge commercial partners around the world providing unparalleled commercial opportunities
- To find out more about EA SPORTS FIFA 14 and to pre-order FIFA 14 today visit http://www.easports.com/uk/fifa. Fans who purchase FIFA 14 ‘Ultimate Edition’ on Xbox 360 or PS3™ will receive access to 24 FIFA Ultimate Team gold packs—1 per week for 24 weeks—to help build their ultimate team*.
- Like at www.facebook.com/easportsfifa, or follow on Twitter @EASPORTSFIFA for all the up-to-date information.
- EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, NCAA® Football, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf, SSX™, and EA SPORTS UFC®. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com.
- Restrictions apply. See http://www.easports.com/uk/fifa for details.
Official FIFA licensed product. "© The FIFA name and OLP Logo are copyright or trademark protected by FIFA. All rights reserved." Manufactured under license by Electronic Arts Inc. John Madden, NFL, NBA, NCAA, NHL, Tiger Woods, and PGA TOUR and FIFA are the property of their respective owners and used with permission. “PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.