After an impressive reception in Europe LMG has come to an agreement with Snowball Studios for the retail release of“Achtung Panzer: Kharcov 1943” which will be released as a collector’s edition in Europe on 14th May 2010.
Within this special edition there will be:
• Separate DVD documentary featuring the history of the German Panzer which includes rare unseen footage.
• A2 poster
About the game:
Achtung Panzer is set in the period between February 2nd and March 3rd 1943, during this time the German Army was facing the Soviets in a pitch battle for the strategic point of Kharkov. This was to prove a decisive battle in the war for the Russian Front. Kharkov 1943 is a ground-breaking war game uniquely dedicated to the last great German victory in the east.
Want to find yourself in the very center of Kharkov Defence Operation as an army commander? You'll have everything the officers had back then - tanks, gunnery and fearless soldiers. The success of each opposing force is hanging in the balance every day. Your decisions determine who wins the Battle for Kharkov.
Within the game the in-game, god-mode camera gives you the ability to zoom into close quarter combat action and observe individual unit combat result battle detail.
The main game features:
• Great replayability and flexible AI behaviour:“smart” AI analyses tactical movements of player and chooses the best strategy based on opponents’ behaviour rather than follows scripts. It allows to play the same scenarios using different tactics as though playing with human player.
• Painstaking landscape reconstruction of Kharkov region in scope and size
• Thorough recreation of weapons, artillery and vehicles: all battle characteristics including missile trajectories or number of crew were modeled according to military archive materials and WW2 chronicles.
• Dynamic change of day&night and weather effects, affecting combat– terrain traversal, visibility on the battlefield, disguise abilities of all forces etc.
• Destructible environment: blast and destroy almost everything, from ground terrain to houses and enemy defences. All traces of previous battles (shell-holes, broken vehicles, corpses, etc.) are left on the battlefield till the end of the scenario.
• Real ballistics: bullets and projectiles follow authentic trajectories. Proper shot longitude, number of frags and their range are calculated.
• Real vehicle damage system: engine, suspension, weapons, aiming appliances can all be damaged separately, affecting the combat abilities of the vehicle.
• Real soldiers' behaviour: every soldier has some basic parameters such as experience level, fatigue and moral, affecting his behaviour and effectiveness
• Military Encyclopaedia with 3D model viewer and detailed data on all units, describing their historical and in-game characteristics.
Jason Codd of Lace Mamba global has high hopes for the game:
“Achtung Panzer is the most realistic tank simulation game available, and with the addition of the DVD and poster, gamers will get a real value for money. We are looking forward to the release been a success”
“Achtung Panzer” has had some terrific reviews already as see below:
”I applaud the developers for their attention to detail and their creation of one of the best strategy games I have seen in a long time.”
EGC Games 78%
” Historical accuracy, vehicular detail, AI and gameplay will not disappoint wargamers.”
”All in all I give this game a 7/10 purely for the lack of control of the camera, but with that aside it is a really cool game”
Review copies are now available so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.