Cambridge, UK. 10 th May 2012. The award-winning, enchanting ‘LostWinds’ adventure continues on iOS today!
Amazing new season-switching gameplay. Incredible new wind powers at the tips of your fingers. Beautiful visuals. Expansive new environments to explore. Charming new characters, and an absorbing storyline. Each element builds on the success of the first game to make ‘LostWinds 2: Winter of the Melodias’ an unmissable experience on iPad, iPhone or iPod touch.
Switch seasons back and forth between Winter and Summer at will, and use all Enril the Wind Spirit’s awesome new elemental powers - plus those from the first game - to successfully guide and protect the young boy Toku. Evil Balasar has sent a poisonous, powerful adversary and a host of new minions to thwart your ongoing battle to lift his curse and save the enchanting world of Mistralis.
- Harness the brilliance of nature: Sonte, Spirit of Seasons' astonishing powers let you instantly transform Mistralis between Summer and Winter at will to aid your progress
- Frozen Winter ponds and waterfalls become teeming Summer pools in which Toku can dive and unlock secrets
- Form snowballs from the air or manipulate moisture-laden clouds to help with your quest
- Master Enril’s rediscovered incredible cyclone power, using it to transport Toku, smash powerful enemies and even drill through the rock around you
- Expansive new regions of Mistralis provide spectacular arenas for Toku’s jumps and glides
- New enemies and familiar foes to buffet, smash, freeze, burn and douse
- New characters to befriend and puzzles to solve on your adventure to reveal the secret of the Melodias’ disappearance..
- Includes Game Center integration and Achievements
- The ‘Snapshot’ feature lets you add game characters to your own photos and share with friends
The already gorgeous game is given even extra depth and added beauty by advanced graphical techniques that realize the full potential of more recent Apple devices:
|Refractive & Reflective Ice|
The LostWinds2: Winter of the Melodias App is available now for $3.99 / CN¥25 / £2.49 / €2.99 from the App Store on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lostwinds2-winter-melodias/id488671285
Check out the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEiFxVwt7Pg&feature=youtu.be
For full information and support on LostWinds please visit Frontier's LostWinds website.
Created by Frontier Developments, LostWinds2: Winter of the Melodias is the sequel to the award-winning, innovative adventure ‘LostWinds’ - a worldwide ‘Game of the Week’ on the AppStore on both iPhone and iPad.
Press kit: LostWinds
Media Enquiries and Promo Code requests, please contact:
Alison Beasley, Lincoln Beasley PR
E: Alison@lincolnbeasley.co.uk T: + 44 (0) 7966 449 130
UK based, award winning, independent developer, Frontier Developments is the team behind global hits including Kinect Disneyland Adventures, the Kinectimals series; RollerCoaster Tycoon® 3, a USA #1 game and part of the second biggest selling PC game franchise of all time; LostWinds® the best-selling WiiWare launch title in 2008 in both Europe and The Americas and was awarded that year's 'Best New IP' award at the Develop Games Industry Excellence Awards. LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias is the critically acclaimed sequel that hit the top of the WiiWare charts worldwide on its release in 2009.
Chairman David Braben is also a founding member of charitable enterprise Raspberry Pi.