LOVEFiLM today brings its movie streaming service to the iPad and iPad 2 – turning the tablet device into users’ own personal cinema at the flick of a finger. The App allows users to control their mobile viewing with the ability to pause, fast-forward and rewind their movie stream while also being able to view trailers and add to their DVD rental list on the go.
Wherever LOVEFiLM members are – at home or out and about – as long as they are in range of a Wi-Fi connection, blockbusters like The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, and The Wrestler are viewable instantly. From September 30th iPad users will also have exclusive streaming access to titles such as The Twilight Saga: Eclipse – meaning a fix for Twi-Hards is only a matter of swipes away – and RED starring Bruce Willis and Helen Mirren.
iPad joins a host of platforms, including PC, PS3 and in-home Internet-connected devices. Families can access LOVEFiLM – Europe’s largest subscription service streaming movies and TV episodes over the Internet and sending DVDs by post - through multiple devices at the same time, meaning the kids can be watching the latest Disney releases via iPad upstairs, whilst mum and dad enjoy a blockbuster in the comfort of the living room.
Simon Calver, CEO of LOVEFiLM, says “In the process of making our service more portable than ever before, LOVEFiLM on iPad is the latest exciting step in giving film fans total control over their viewing schedule and our commitment to expanding the ways in which members can stream movies on a range of devices.”
Subscribers can now easily access instant movies in and out of the home by linking their account with LOVEFiLM. Subscribers on packages of £5.99 or above can use the app at no extra cost by simply entering their login details.?The LOVEFiLM Player for iPad is available for free from the App Store on iPad or at www.itunes.com/appstore.
For further information please contact the LOVEFiLM.com press office at Mischief on 0203 128 6600 or email@example.com
Links to editors
LOVEFiLM (LOVEFiLM Player App Debuts on the App Store):
LOVEFiLM on the Apple iPad - launch & FAQ page:
LOVEFiLM’s streaming catalogue:
Exclusive Twilight streaming:
Notes to editors
• In a little over seven years, LOVEFiLM has become a leading European film subscription service, combining the benefits of DVD rental by post and, more recently, watching movies online via the LOVEFiLM Player (on the PC, the PlayStation®3 and streamed direct to TV). Customers choose from a selection of over 70,000 titles available across Blu-ray, DVDs, video games and digital streaming. LOVEFiLM currently has 1.7 million members and operates in the UK, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, and Norway.
• In February 2011 LOVEFiLM was acquired by Amazon EU SARL.
• LOVEFiLM has been a pioneer in digital film delivery in the UK since launching the first download to own movie in April 2006. The LOVEFiLM Player launched in March 2010 and offers thousands of digital titles available for members to watch on their TV, PC or PlayStation®3. For those on an Unlimited or capped package the service comes at no extra cost. Premium titles are available to everyone on a pay-per-view basis, and a number of titles are available to all site visitors for free with advertising support.
• The LOVEFiLM Player is available on over 175 internet-enabled devices - including Sony, Samsung and PS3™ - streaming movies instantly to subscribers over the internet.
• LOVEFiLM customers have generated 80 million film ratings and written 843,000 member reviews – information which helps LOVEFiLM to promote the most relevant titles for its customers to choose from.
• LOVEFiLM offers a range of rental options in each market with free postage and no late fees. In the UK these include £4.99 a month allowing members to have one DVD at a time (limit of two per month. Does not include online viewing), £5.99 a month for one DVD at a time (limit of three per month plus 2 hours online viewing ), £8.16 for two DVDs at a time (limit of four per month plus 4 hours online viewing), £9.99 a month for one DVD out at a time (Unlimited DVDs by post and online viewing), £14.99 for two at a time (Unlimited DVDs by post and online viewing) and £19.39 gives the option for three DVDs at a time (Unlimited DVDs by post and online viewing). Members on an Unlimited package have access to the LOVEFiLM Player at no extra cost.
• LOVEFiLM also offers a range of video games rental options in the UK market to support gaming across XBox 360, Xbox, PS3™, PS2, Wii and DS. These include £5.99 a month for one disc at a time (limit of three per month. Does not include online viewing), £10.20 a month for two discs at a time (limit of four per month plus 4 hours online viewing), £14.99 a month for two discs at a time (Unlimited discs by post and online viewing) and £19.39 for three discs at a time (Unlimited discs by post and online viewing), all with free postage and no late fees.