LOVEFiLM.com, the UK’s largest online DVD rental service and entertainment portal has joined forces with international games publisher Capcom® to promote the release of Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles, the latest instalment in the hugely successful Japanese gaming series.
The partnership has captured the ambience of the game’s content by implementing a multi-layered and highly visual marketing campaign across both online and offline channels.
Online promotion for the game, which is available for Nintendo Wii™ from the 27th November, includes a branded takeover of the LOVEFiLM gaming pages on the 26th and 27th November. The takeover will incorporate character design and artwork from the game, bringing elements of game play and narrative to life for LOVEFiLM users.
LOVEFiLM is also to host a microsite containing exclusive game-related content and providing an overview of the title, as well as a beginner’s guide to the Resident Evil gaming legacy ( www.lovefilm.com/darksidechronicles ) which is now live.
In addition to online activity, a run of over 200,000 specially branded Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles envelopes will be dispatched with rentals from 23rd November, and taking the Resident Evil message directly into LOVEFiLM members’ homes.
Dionne Georgiou, Media Sales Team Manager for LOVEFiLM commented:
“The Resident Evil series is a hugely popular gaming franchise, so we’re glad to be working with Capcom® on a partnership that is certain to do justice to such a highly regarded game. Through a mixture of online and offline directional media, we’re confident the campaign will keep LOVEFiLM members engaged and just a little bit terrified.”
Stuart Turner for Capcom® commented:
“With a gaming title that is as visually immersive as it is engaging, it’s a great opportunity for us to work with LOVEFiLM on the launch of Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles. LOVEFiLM acts as the perfect platform for us to spread the Resident Evil message to a wide base of game lovers, in a way that perfectly communicates the gripping nature of the game.”
- Ends -
For further information please contact the LOVEFiLM.com press office at Mischief on 020 7100 9999 or email@example.com
Notes to Editors
• LOVEFiLM UK carries over 65,000 unique titles including games
• LOVEFiLM is Europe's leading online DVD rental subscription service with over one million members and operates in the UK, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Germany
• In just over five years, LOVEFiLM has grown to become the UK’s third largest home entertainment subscription service and was ranked number one Entertainment&Movies Website in the Hitwise 2008 data
• In 2009, the Office of National Statistics added online DVD rental services like LOVEFiLM to its inflation basket as a sign of the change in UK viewing habits
• LOVEFiLM UK customers have generated over 72 million film ratings and over 780,000 member reviews
• LOVEFiLM offers a range of online DVD rental options in each market. In the UK these include£3.91 a month allowing members to have 1 DVD at a time (limit of 2 per month),£7.83 for 2 DVDs at a time (limit of 4 per month),£9.78 a month for one DVD out at a time (unlimited),£12.72 for two at a time (unlimited) and£15.65 gives the option for three DVDs at a time (unlimited). These packages include unlimited DVD rental each month, free postage and no late fees
• The LOVEFiLM UK weekly newsletter reaches 850,000 members
• LOVEFiLM UK has won: British Video Association's award for the UK's Best Rental Service in 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008, the fast-growing media company Media Momentum award in 2005, 2007 and 2008, UK technology– Innovation&Growth award for Mediatech Impact of the Year 2008, Home Entertainment Week awards for Rentailer of the Year 2008 and 2007, the 2008 Fast Growth Business Award for Retail/Leisure business of the Year, awarded 9th place in The Sunday Times Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Tech Companies 2009– (2nd in 2008 and 5th in 2007), The Sunday Times Tech Track 100 2007– Best Management Team Award, awarded 5th place in the Deloitte Fast 50 technology growth awards 2009 and was a finalist in the National Customer Service Awards 2008 and Retail Week awards 2009
• The group currently works with major partners in the UK including Tesco, easy Group, CD Wow, Guardian News Media, WHSmith, Odeon and Vue Cinemas, some of whom offer a fully white-labeled service