LOVEFiLM.com, the UK’s largest digital entertainment portal has once again teamed up with games producer Ubisoft to mark the launch of Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Vegas 2 across PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft® and PC formats.
Following the hugely successful partnership late last year for the release of Assassin’s Creed™, LOVEFiLM has launched an exclusive multi layered marketing campaign for the title.
The tailored campaign sees Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Vegas 2 receive placement in the weekly e-newsletter, reaching LOVEFiLM’s customer base of over 460,000 subscribers plus unique promotion across the distribution of 200,000 exclusively branded product envelopes delivered directly into customer’s homes. This direct marketing is supported with targeted online advertising across the LOVEFiLM site.
LOVEFiLM has further extended its online support of Ubisoft to run a Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Vegas 2 microsite at www.lovefilm.com/micro/vegas2. Through the targeted microsite users can buy and/or rent the game and enter an exclusive competition to win a trip for two to Las Vegas. Editorial content includes the developers’ video diaries, the game trailer, plus a list of favourite films suited to the game’s main character Commander Bishop. The microsite also showcases upcoming Ubisoft releases, with previews of titles including Haze™, Tom Clancy’s EndWar™ and Far Cry® 2 and drives users to the official Rainbow Six® Vegas 2 website through several direct links.
Dionne Georgiou, Advertising Sales Manager for LOVEFiLM said;
“As LOVEFiLM becomes increasingly entertainment focused, we’re glad to offer our gaming audience not only an anticipated title in this franchise, but also deliver exclusive competitions and content alongside the usual rent or buy options. For LOVEFiLM and our ever-increasing community of users, major games releases are as important as film releases, so we’re thrilled to work with Ubisoft once more for the launch of Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Vegas 2.”
Phil Brannelly, Senior Brand Manager at Ubisoft commented;
“LOVEFiLM’s customer base provides an avid audience not only for fans of the Tom Clancy series, but for gamers that are looking for the best of both worlds– top class gameplay combined with seamless cinematic action.”
The deal was brokered by media planning and buying agency BJKE.
For further information please contact the LOVEFiLM press office at Mischief on 020 7100 9999 firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors
About LOVEFiLM International Ltd:
• LOVEFiLM International Ltd is Europe's leading online DVD rental subscription service with over 600,000 members and operates in the UK, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Germany.
• LOVEFiLM UK carries over 65,000 unique titles including games, as well as a fast-growing film download service.
• LOVEFiLM customers have generated over 56 million film ratings and over 600,000 member reviews.
• LOVEFiLM offers a range of online DVD rental options in each market. In the UK these include£3.99 a month allowing members to have 1 DVD at a time (limit of 2 per month),£7.99 for 2 DVDs at a time (limit of 4 per month),£9.99 a month for one DVD out at a time (unlimited),£12.99 for two at a time (unlimited) and£15.99 gives the option for three DVDs at a time (unlimited). These packages include unlimited DVD rental each month, free postage and no late fees.
• The LOVEFiLM weekly newsletter reaches over 460,000 subscribers.
• LOVEFiLM International has won: British Video Association's award for the UK's Best Rental Service in 2005, 2006 and 2007, the fast-growing media company Media Momentum award in 2005, 2007 and 2008, UK technology– Innovation&Growth award for Mediatech Impact of the Year 2008, Home Entertainment Week award for Rentailer of the year 2007, the 2008 Fast Growth Business Award for Retail/Leisure Business of the Year, The Sunday Times Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Tech Companies– awarded 5th place, and The Sunday Times Tech Track 100– Best Management Team Award.
• The group currently works with major partners in the UK including Tesco, EasyGroup, CD Wow, Guardian Newspapers, WHSmith, Odeon and Vue Cinemas, some of whom offer a fully white-labeled service.
• LOVEFiLM launched the first UK mass market movie download service to its UK subscriber base in December 2005. Customers can download-to-rent or download-to-own from a choice of over 2,500 titles. Short films and full-length feature films are available from major Hollywood studios including Universal, Warner Bros., Sony, Momentum, Icon, Celluloid Dreams and Contender.
© 2008 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Persistent Elite Creation, Ubisoft, the Ubisoft logo, Ubi.com and the Soldier Icon are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries. Rainbow Six, Red Storm and Red Storm logo are trademarks of Red Storm Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries. Red Storm Entertainment, Inc. is a Ubisoft Entertainment company.
© 2008 Ubisoft Entertainment SA and Free Radical Design Limited. All Rights Reserved. Haze is a trademark of Ubisoft Entertainment and Free Radical Design. Free Radical Design and its associated logo are trademarks of Free Radical Design Limited. Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are registered trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment SA. Developed by Free Radical Design Limited.
© 2008 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Endwar, Assassin's Creed Ubisoft, Ubi.com and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries.
© 2007 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Far Cry, Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries. Based on Crytek’s original Far Cry directed by Cevat Yerli.
“PlayStation”, is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox LIVE are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies.