Haarlem, The Netherlands – 4 October 2012 – Publisher Iceberg Interactive and dev studio Little Green Man Games today announce that they have released the new ’Timebreach ‘DLC for their tactical space RPG Starpoint Gemini (PC). This DLC will be available exclusively on Steam. While the new DLC costs €/$ 1,99, the base game is on a whopping 66% ‘daily deal’ discount on Steam for today only.
The Timebreach DLC for Starpoint Gemini, follows the events immediate after the reopening of the Starpoint. Imperial forces are swarming the Gemini system, but not as fast or fiercely as everybody expected. That gives precious time to surviving groups that are now desperately trying to upgrade their technology or reinforce their units.
Nexus, together with Dr. Ridley, is speeding up the work on another milestone technology based on stasis rift research. The player is invited to Nexus to help in the early testing of so the called stasis jump matrix.
· Two brand new sectors, one in a mysterious and dangerous inter-dimensional space – the stasis rift, and the other set five years ahead in Gemini's future.
· Three new ship designs using test models from the soon to be announced Starpoint Gemini 2, including some upgraded ships from the original game.
· Five additional missions to explore new space (and time) boundaries, and test your newly acquired vessel.
More information about the game can be found on the Steam website: http://store.steampowered.com/app/108110/
About Starpoint Gemini
Starpoint Gemini is a tactical space RPG set in a science-fiction universe, which focuses on the control and strengths of individual vessels and their captains. Players can travel the rich vastness of the Gemini star system freely, fight skirmishes with rogue ships, trade commodities, research anomalies, buy new vessels, upgrade their ships with state-of-the-art technology, increase their experience and rank to become more powerful and ultimately use all that in large scale engagements against other fleets of hostile ships.
Players re-emerge into the star system of Gemini after having been trapped in the so-called Stasis rift anomaly for over twenty years. Unaware of the passage of time, they find Gemini and everything they knew changed beyond recognition. The events that took place two decades ago closed the Gateway to Gemini, and thereby practically sealed the star system off from the rest of the universe. Isolation and unforeseen technological advancement due to the appearance of countless anomalies have turned Gemini to a place of political intrigue, greed
and lust for power. The fate of Gemini has been shaped and the time for reckoning has almost come… Gemini is a dangerous place with riches waiting to be claimed by the most daring and capable of captains.
Starpoint Gemini Features
· Free roaming space of the vast and interesting Gemini star system waiting to be explored
· Over 50 large space sectors connected via entrances into hyperspace called T-Gates
· Intriguing storyline full of schemes and plot twists pulling player deeper into main plot
· Deep and immersive experience of a living star system full of space stations, asteroid mining bases, or fields to be mined, randomly appearing anomalies, random encounters with hostile pirates or vessels in distress, trade convoys, military patrols, nebulas and more
· Countless missions to be taken on at random through Freelance commission
· Diverse skill system offering more than 30 upgradeable vessel maneuvers
· Special passive bonus perks awarded at increasing your rank
· Special built-in abilities making even smaller ship classes useful in fleet battles
· Over 300 available ship upgrades ranging from weapons and energy shields to power core and thrusters
· Various bonuses to be gained by enlisting additional experienced personnel for your ship
· Modding tools made available post-release will allow gamers to unleash their creativity in a completely new environment
About LGM Games
Little Green Men Games is a young team of 15 highly motivated and talented programmers, writers, 3D and 2D artists and animators based in South-Eastern Europe. Their plan is pretty straightforward: creating quality games.
About Iceberg Interactive
Iceberg Interactive is an independent videogame publisher founded in 2009 by an
international group of games industry veterans. Iceberg operates in the vibrant European
games market through retail publishing and worldwide via direct relationships with dozens of
digital download portals. With a distinct focus on the genres of simulations, adventure,
strategy and MMO/action games, Iceberg has successfully released digital hits in European
retail, such as Killing Floor, Wings of Prey & APB Reloaded – but is also known to back indie
developers in getting their games into both the retail and digital space. Read more about
the company http://www.iceberg-interactive.com.
Don’t just play, play it cool!