EDISON, N.J., May 11, 2009 - Majesco Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: COOL), an innovative provider of video games for the mass market, today announced that the award-winning Cooking Mama franchise has sold more than 4 million units domestically. Developed by Cooking Mama Limited, all five games within the Cooking Mama franchise feature easy to pick-up-and-play entertainment for people of all ages. And now, each game in the Mama line is available for $29.99 or less.
"We are thrilled to reach this significant milestone. Majesco's #1 franchise continues to resonate with gamers of all ages and genders," said Jesse Sutton, Chief Executive Officer, Majesco. "We will continue to explore ways to expand the Mama brand with innovative and compelling products that offer new entertainment experiences."
The Cooking Mama franchise includes:
• Cooking Mama for Nintendo DS™: Released in September 2006, the very first cooking game introduced quirky Mama to gamers everywhere, scored industry awards and established fun and addictive Touch Screen play with bite-sized recipe mini-games. SRP $19.99.
• Cooking Mama: Cook Off for Wii: Released in March 2007, Mama's first Wii debut turned the Wii Remote™ into a universal kitchen tool that players could use to whip up international delicacies in their living rooms. SRP $19.99.
• Cooking Mama 2: Dinner with Friends for Nintendo DS™: Mama's handheld follow up added customization, new recipes and hungry dinner guests to the series so no one had to eat alone. SRP $29.99.
• Cooking Mama World Kitchen for Wii: The Wii sequel gave the iconic leading lady a full 3D makeover and added kitchen mini-games, customization and 2-player cooperative cooking into the stew pot. Now available for a new low price of $29.99.
• Gardening Mama for Nintendo DS™: Fresh for spring, Mama's first brand offshoot proved that her superior skills weren't confined to the kitchen. The game transforms the Nintendo DS stylus into a universal gardening tool that green thumbs in-the-making will use to plant, nurture and harvest flowers, fruits and vegetables. Gamers can download a playable demo currently in approximately 10,000 Nintendo kiosks at major retailers nationwide. SRP $29.99.
All games in the Cooking Mama series are rated E for Everyone and available at retailers nationwide. To learn more about the franchise, please visit the official site at www.cookingmama.com.
About Majesco Entertainment Company
Majesco Entertainment Company is a provider of video games for the mass market. Building on 20 years of operating history, the company is focused on developing and publishing a wide range of casual and family oriented video games on leading console and portable systems.Product highlights include Cooking Mama™ and Cake Mania®2 for Nintendo DS,™ and Cooking Mama World Kitchen and Jillian Michaels' Fitness Ultimatum 2009 for Wii™. The company's shares are traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol: COOL. Majesco is headquartered in Edison, NJ and has an international office in Bristol, UK. More information about Majesco can be found online at www.majescoentertainment.com.
Certain statements contained herein are "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. These forward-looking statements may be identified by reference to a future period(s) or by the use of forward-looking terminology, such as "may," "will," "intend," "should," "expect," "anticipate," "estimate" or "continue" or the negatives thereof or other comparable terminology. The Company's actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in such forward-looking statements due to a variety of factors. These factors include but are not limited to, the demand for our products; our ability to complete and release our products in a timely fashion; competitive factors in the businesses in which we compete; continued consumer acceptance of our products and the gaming platforms on which our products operate; fulfillment of orders preliminarily made by customers; adverse changes in the securities markets and the availability of and costs associated with sources of liquidity. The Company does not undertake, and specifically disclaims any obligation, to release publicly the results of any revisions that may be made to any forward-looking statements to reflect the occurrence of anticipated or unanticipated events or circumstances after the date of such statements.
# # #
Audra McIver or Marisa Gross