Edison, N.J. – March 21, 2013 – Majesco Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: COOL), an innovative provider of video games for the mass market, brings the battle with the Calimar Space horde to a new home with the launch of Sci-Fi Heroes for Android devices. The action real-time strategy (RTS) game pits a squad of space combat specialists battling against the evil Calimar Empire to restore interstellar stability. New for both versions is the addition of Nova and Supernova difficulties, which allow players to take their leveled-up Heroes through the campaign at significantly harder difficulties. Sci-Fi Heroes is available for free on the App Store and Google Play.
In addition to the Android version, Majesco used customer feedback to make tweaks to gameplay, improve controls, streamline the user interface and adjust the monetization for in-game and premium currency items on iOS. Furthermore, the update brings more powerful weapons, armor and trinkets, including the powerful Staff of Hermes and awesome Tachyon Gauntlets. The new changes were implemented to improve the overall game experience.
In Sci-Fi Heroes, the diabolical Calimar Space Horde has ruthlessly conquered the four planets of a once peaceful solar system in a hostile takeover, leaving the fate of the universe in the hands of eight ragtag space warriors. Facing insurmountable odds, players will take control of these brave underdogs to help restore peace and kick some serious Space Horde butt. Players can join forces with friends to collaboratively complete quests, defeat formidable nemeses and find rare items across more than 40 levels on four different planets, each containing unique enemies, landscapes and bosses.
Sci-Fi Heroes features include:
- New: Going (Super) Nova – Space commanders who find insane challenges appealing will relish the new Nova and Supernova difficulty modes. After completing the initial campaign, the leveled-up Heroes can attempt the campaign at all-new difficulty levels with the hellish Nova and insane Supernova modes.
- Iconic Sci-Fi Heroes – Players can choose from eight unique mercenaries torn from the greatest traditions of Sci-Fi: Space Marine, Animal Trainer, Space Cowboy, Priest, Id Master, Exxo, Healbot and Technomancer.
- Build the Ultimate Team of Heroes – Combining and controlling up to four characters at a time, players can test out different team combinations to find their perfect crew.
- Futuristic Weapons and Pets – With more than 100 distinctive items, players can utilize laser swords, iconic blasters and even a pet tiger. Level up and learn new skills to help take on sinister foes.
- Battle Bullying Bosses – Players and their ragtag group of fighters need to stay on their toes to figure out a way to beat increasingly difficult and menacing Horde bosses.
- Lots of Levels, Even More Loot – Maneuvering through more than 40 levels, including battle arenas, players can develop strategies and find rare, powerful items to aid in their mission.
- Play With Friends – Players can team up with friends in asynchronous Social Raids to get fuel and loot, or share valuable gifts to beef up solo and team battles.
About Majesco Entertainment Company
Majesco Entertainment Company is a provider of video games for the mass market. Building on more than 20 years of operating history, the company is focused on developing and publishing a wide range of casual and family oriented video games on all leading console and handheld platforms as well as mobile devices. Product highlights include Zumba® Fitness, Cooking MamaTM and NBA Baller Beats™. The company's shares are traded on the NASDAQ Stock Market under the symbol: COOL. Majesco is headquartered in Edison, NJ and has an office in Brockhampton, UK. More info can be found online at www.majescoent.com or on Twitter at www.twitter.com/majesco.
# # #