Melbourne, AUSTRALIA-December 16, 2011- TOME Studios has announced that a major update is now available for their popular turn-based tactical game for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad, Danger Alliance: Battles. The update delivers a brand new, horror-themed, mini-campaign as well as extensive performance upgrades to 'Joust', TOME Studio's own 3D Game Engine. This is the first of several major content updates to come.
To celebrate the launch of the update, TOME Studios has cut the price of the App for a limited time.
- The 'Wraithmaster' mini-campaign sees the player fighting to survive through the night against a mysterious undead army
- 'Dual Pistols' weapon option for the Captain trades damage for a greater ability to pin opponents
- New 'Star Rating' system for all missions. Can you achieve the elusive 'Five Star Rating' on hard modes?
- Four new music tracks to listen to while you battle
- Drastically improved performance on all supported devices
- Enemy AI that can think up to 60% faster
- Ability to skip animating replays or just speed them up to keep the action flowing and the atmosphere tense.
- Even more control with the ability to save mid turn as well as at the start of each turn.
Operation Wraithbuster. 3rd NOVEMBER, 1955. Captain J. Cash.
The sun has barely risen and the men have gathered to assure themselves that what transpired last night was not a figment of their war-torn imaginations. What in Hades is this place they have sent me to? It used to be that when you shot a man, they stayed dead. Here, the sun disappears and those “things” rise from the ground and, they keep coming back, no matter how many bullets you put in them. Between their hissing and whispers, they seem to mention a master, the one they call "Lord Dûl the Wraithmaster”.
Dûl, how can such a watered down, crap-ass name bring shudders to grown men’s spines? He’s already turned the General into one of his vicious undead minions - not that I’ll miss him, the pompous imbecile. However, it’s good to know we’re not the only ones left out here, someone managed to air-drop supplies over our position and the men are now gathering med-kits in anticipation of tonight’s predicted onslaught of these damnable creatures. I’ve cleaned my set of golden pistols which the monsters seemed to cower from, if only for a brief moment. I shall update this report the same time tomorrow from our new location... if I survive the night.
The Danger Alliance: Battles App is available as a universal app from the App Store on iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad or at http://itunes.apple.com/app/danger-alliance-battles/id445258006?mt=8
Half Price Sale pricing US $1.99 / AUD $1.99 / £1.49 / €1.59. Everyday pricing US $3.99 / AUD $4.49 / £2.49 / €2.99
A lite version of the app is also available for free and includes four of the six characters, two of the six battlegrounds, two of the three game modes and hot-seat multiplayer.
New screenshots and promotional images attached
Follow TOME Studios on: