AGOURA HILLS, Calif. – Feb. 29 , 2012 – THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) today announced the release of the new free mobile app Margaritaville® Mobile TM for iPhone®. Players of virtual paradise Margaritaville® Online TM, available now on Facebook and iPad®, can further expand the Parrothead lifestyle by using the companion app to claim exclusive rewards. Through multiple tropical themed mini-games and socially driven activities, the Margaritaville Mobile iPhone app allows players to earn multiple tiers of badges while obtaining unique rewards for Margaritaville Online on Facebook and iPad.
“From the beginning, THQ’s goal has been to make the laid-back Margaritaville mindset accessible to anyone, anywhere, anytime,” said Michael Lustenberger Vice President, Global Brand Management – Online at THQ. “What began on Facebook and iPad with Margaritaville Online continues on through our next virtual vacation destination in Margaritaville Mobile. Now, fans can continue their Parrothead lifestyle on the go by simply checking in and enjoying new content via their iPhones.”
Margaritaville Mobile features include:
- Tiered Badges: Through respective tiers (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Diamond and Parrothead), earn up to 28 new badges, each with corresponding rewards such as coins and premium food items
- Badge Tier Rewards: Collect all badges in a tier and receive special tier rewards, including: the Margaritaville Crown (character hat), Master Lure (for fishing), MV Mobile Concoction Creator, Seaplane (decoration) and one of every food item in the game
- Photos: Take digital photos of yourself and friends, adding available Margaritaville-themed borders, characters and accessories, and post to Facebook to earn more badges
- Mini-Games: Participate in four of Margaritaville Online’s mini-games including Steel Drum Star, Hammock Time, Limbo and Tile Puzzles to hit milestones and earn badges, including the coveted “Guru Game Star” badge!
- Friend Updates: View the latest happenings from friends while on the go
- Check-In: Earn further badges in the real world by visiting your local location and sharing a “Margaritaville Moment”
To download the Margaritaville Mobile companion app, please click here.
To download Margaritaville Online for iPad, please click here.
To play Margaritaville Online on Facebook, please click here.
THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI) is a leading worldwide developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software. The company develops its products for all popular game systems, personal computers and wireless devices. Headquartered in Los Angeles County, California, THQ sells product through its global network of offices located throughout North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. More information about THQ and its products may be found at www.thq.com. THQ and the THQ logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of THQ Inc.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
The statements contained in this press release that are not historical facts may be “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations, estimates and projections about the business of THQ Inc. and its subsidiaries (collectively referred to as “THQ”), including, but not limited to, expectations and projections related to Margaritaville Online and Margaritaville Mobile video games, and are based upon management’s current beliefs and certain assumptions made by management. Such forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to, business, competitive, economic, legal, political and technological factors affecting our industry, operations, markets, products or pricing. Readers should carefully review the risk factors and the information that could materially affect THQ’s financial results, described in other documents that THQ files from time to time with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal period ended March 31, 2011, and subsequent Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, and particularly the discussion of trends and risk factors set forth therein. Unless otherwise required by law, THQ disclaims any obligation to update its view on any such risks or uncertainties or to revise or publicly release the results of any revision to these forward-looking statements. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date of this press release.
# # #