College Park, Md.– Goozex, Inc., the leading online video game trading community, announced today the company’s 2008 mid-year trading statistics. The game Mass Effect for the Xbox 360 lead the way for most traded in the last six months. Grand Theft Auto IV for the Xbox 360 is the most requested video game on Goozex since January 2008. Both games are considered best-in-class and have been best sellers.
This July marks the two-year anniversary of the Goozex online game trading service. Over 43.8 million Goozex points have been exchanged between members since its launch in July 2006, and nearly 30 million points have been exchanged in 2008 alone. Goozex Points represent the fair market value of video games and are assigned to individual games. Points are used as a virtual currency to acquire games. Goozex currently offers over 9,000 unique titles to trade for 13 different gaming platforms.
Below are the top 10 Goozex trading lists for 2007.
Top 10 Most Traded Games on Goozex Since January 2008:
1. Mass Effect– Xbox 360
2. Gears of War - Xbox 360
3. Assassin’s Creed - Xbox 360
4. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Xbox 360
5. Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune– PlayStation 3
6. The Orange Box - Xbox 360
7. BioShock - Xbox 360
8. Halo 3 - Xbox 360
9. Resistance: Fall of Man– PlayStation 3
10. Ratchet&Clank Future: Tools of Destruction– PlayStation 3
Top 10 Most Requested Games on Goozex Since January 2008:
1. Grand Theft Auto IV - Xbox 360
2. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Xbox 360
3. Mass Effect– Xbox 360
4. Lost Odyssey - Xbox 360
5. Mario Kart Wii– Wii
6. Gears of War - Xbox 360
7. Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Wii
8. Assassin’s Creed - Xbox 360
9. Burnout Paradise– Xbox 360
10. Army of Two– Xbox 360
Top 10 Most Offered Games on Goozex Since January 2008:
1. Assassin’s Creed - Xbox 360
2. Mass Effect– Xbox 360
3. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Xbox 360
4. Gears of War - Xbox 360
5. Halo 3 - Xbox 360
6. BioShock - Xbox 360
7. Forza Motorsport 2– Xbox 360
8. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Vegas– Xbox 360
9. Grand Theft Auto IV - Xbox 360
10. Orange Box - Xbox 360
Goozex offers a weekly RSS feed of the top 10 categories that can be found here:
About Goozex, Inc.
Goozex, Inc. is an award winning and best in class rated peer-to-multi-peer trading company headquartered in College Park, Maryland. Launched in July 2006, Goozex.com was named a Webby Award Official Honoree in April 2007. It has also been rated best in class by Electronic Gaming Monthly (EGM #223) and GamesRadar (Dec. 25, 2007). Currently, it is the leading video game trading service based on an automated point system. Games are assigned a point value based on several factors including supply and demand, and users earn points when trading their games with other users. Points can then be redeemed for other video games. The system offers itsusers a fair market value for their games and guarantees all trades.
Goozex, your game trading community TM. Please visit our website at www.goozex.com