SOFIA, BULGARIA– Jan. 25, 2010 - Masthead Studios, a leading independent developer of MMOs, today unveiled the development roadmap for the highly anticipated MMORPG Earthrise ( www.play-earthrise.com) that will be released on Feb. 4.
Top Earthrise features included at launch:
- <*>A unique post-apocalyptic setting where the cloned remnants of mankind battle to survive and rebuild.*> <*>Highly customizable characters with over 100 different skills, abilities and tactics.*> <*>No artificial imposed "class" restrictions.*> <*>Fast-paced, action-packed combat featuring dynamic targeting, adaptive power armor and hundreds of high-tech weapons.*> <*>Sophisticated player-versus-player (PvP) mechanics that let players fight for the established order, join the revolutionary underground, or carve their own bloody path as an independent criminal.*> <*>Character progression that keeps players advancing in their development with no limits.*> <*>An advanced market-based economy with in-game supply and demand based on player activities and interactions.*> <*>Deep crafting mechanics that enable players to design and manufacture unique items from blueprints and raw resources.*>
Along with enhanced main game features, the Earthrise team will provide constant updates after release including new quests, new overall game content, bug fixing and server balance several times each month.
- <*> Exploration rewards – Players will be able to salvage materials and use them for crafting or personal advantage, adding increased benefits from exploration and practical knowledge of the world. Currently, crafting materials drop from loot.*>
- <*> Siege territories will open for conquest– The development team would like to allow players to grow their characters and get a foothold in the hostile world of Enterra before the territory conquest opens. This will give guilds more of an opportunity to organize their members in preparation for the day when everyone will rush to fight for control of the conquest territories that cover more than half of the Earthrise map.
*> <*> Additional combat skills and tactics – Although there are currently more than 250 combat abilities in Earthrise, the development team plans tocontinue to add new possibilities for character development.
*> <*> Added crafting blueprints– While the current crafting system of Earthrise features many options, the development team plans to add new opportunities and additional blueprints for the customization of craftable items.*>
- <*> Vehicles – Personalized player-crafted vehicles will be added.*>
- <*> Monster mines – Resource mines that are patrolled by monsters will be scattered around the world. When players free those mines, their resources will be available on the market.*>
- <*> Graphics engine update – Rendering improvements of the Earthrise engine will be made, including higher FPS, better client performance and improved shadow effects.*>
Earthrise is a post-apocalyptic, sci-fi MMORPG set in the distant future. Featuring a unique skill-based advancement system and player-driven economy, as well as extensive, meaningful player-vs.-player combat, Earthrise gives players countless options to forge their destiny through its sandbox-style game mechanics. Whether a noble soldier in the raging conflict between the Continoma and the Noir, a criminal hiding from the law, or a world-renowned engineer whose power extends into intricate trade and politics, players’ actions will echo throughout the game world. Visit www.play-earthrise.com to learn more.
About Masthead Studios
Masthead Studios is an independent game development studio focusing on innovative, next-generation MMORPGs. The company is currently developing Earthrise, a next-generation post-apocalyptic, sci-fi MMORPG, integrating its own proprietary engine technology that is specifically designed to handle dynamic, persistent online worlds while providing top-notch graphics and realistic physics. Masthead Studios is located in the emerging technology hub of Sofia, Bulgaria, enabling the studio to leverage local and international talent. For more information please visit www.mastheadstudios.com.
ClearImage (for Masthead Studios)
919.863.2393 ext. 216
Themis Media (for Earthrise)