For Immediate Release
Staten Island, NY, June 11th, 2007– Matrix Games ( www.matrixgames.com) and Western Civilization Software ( www.west-civ.com) are excited to announce the Forge of Freedom After Action Report Contest. Now Forge of Freedom fans that enjoy telling tales of their military prowess in Forge of Freedom can show off just how good they are at this addicting Civil War strategy game and maybe even win some prizes in the process!
The basic rules of the contest are easy:
1. Play through any scenario, battle, or campaign in Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865.
2. Write an AAR (After Action Report) of the gameplay you just played through in Forge of Freedom. This isn’t a fiction contest, the AAR has to be based on an actual series of events you played through in Forge of Freedom, but don’t forget to make things interesting.
3. Entries are to be no longer than 2000 words with no more than 10 screenshots.
4. Submit your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time. The deadline for submissions is exactly three weeks (21 days) after the contest is announced.
5. After the 21 day deadline has passed, the entries will be judged and winners declared approximately one week later. The booty for a high ranking AAR varies depending on placement. There are also a number of possible perks for AARs which receive honorable mention but do not actually win a prize.
6. The top three winners will receive:
1. 1st Place– A US Cavalry Sabre (replica).
2. 2nd Place - A choice of either the Confederate Generals of the Civil War Poster or Union Generals of the Civil War Poster.
3. 3rd Place - The remaining poster the second place winner did not choose.
For a full list of the rules and submission guidelines to fine tune your storytelling skills, check out the contest rule page.
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said“Matrix Games has always been committed to fostering a large and vibrant community for all of the titles we publish. We’re more than happy to provide gamers with an excellent creative outlet for their talents as both strategists and writers. To make matters even more appealing, what better way to encourage gamers to sink their teeth into Forge of Freedom than to offer prizes for playing this great game.”
For the full listing of contest rules, guidelines, and other information, visit the contest rule page. Get more information on Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 from its official Matrix Games webpage.
ABOUT MATRIX GAMES
Matrix Games produces, markets and publishes historical wargames as well as other computer gaming products. Since 2000, Matrix Games has published over three dozen titles and several award-winning games, including War in the Pacific, Highway to the Reich, Gary Grigsby's World At War, Flashpoint Germany, Battles In Normandy, Starshatter and Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar. Matrix Games is based in Staten Island, New York. For more information, visit the Matrix Games website at www.matrixgames.com.